SOftbox issue

canonmono

Nov 22, 2010
Yew Tee
Hi Guys, after Im done with my shot with the portable softbox, I twist it and tried to fold it to place into the small bag like I always do but this time my softbox bend in an aweward position and now in a funny shape, i tried to make it into the original shape but realised that the metal stripe inside is twisted and in a terrible mess so beside getting a new one, any way to save my softbox?

Regards
Poor man with a twisted softbox

Hi Guys, after Im done with my shot with the portable softbox, I twist it and tried to fold it to place into the small bag like I always do but this time my softbox bend in an aweward position and now in a funny shape, i tried to make it into the original shape but realised that the metal stripe inside is twisted and in a terrible mess so beside getting a new one, any way to save my softbox?

Regards
Poor man with a twisted softbox

Can you try to twist it back?

i assume this is a brandless mic one?

I think you will need this...

zheng-gu.jpg

joke aside,
try slowly twist the "bond" back into position. don't use too much force, else you will bend the steel permanently.

Can check with youtube for help.if not sure replay the videos again.that's how I got it right..

One cent of money, one cent of quality.

Traditional softboxes are not meant to be open and tear down repeated, they are for studios. On location uses best get the umbrella type.