Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
Handv2.jpg

Comments appreciated :)

Hmmmmmmm...........................

Well, I can see where are you coming from.
But to start off, I didnt quite like the picture.
Perhaps the title "soft" and the picture is a little bit deliberate, and quite meaningless from how I look at it. Well, you did get your point there, it does look soft.

And are those your hands ? The image makes it look broken and ultra long ....

Hey, take my comments with a pinch of salt alright. I thought I'll be honest with ya... because I know prefer it that way.

Cheers :thumbsup:

No problem! I definitely prefer honest comments ;) Those are my friend's hands btw. Pianist, so they're rather long. :)

For me, the picture and the title did not work. From the gesture of the hand, it seems like it's pressing down vertically against the matress/blanket/fabric. In this kind of posture you generally associate with firmness rather than softness, especially since the mattress is visibly sunken down due to the hand.

2 cents. :)

Hmm good point. Guess the point of the shot isnt brought across that well.

perhaps a better colour tone will bring out the mood...like say abit to the yellowish sepia look....warm but not sepia yet tt kind...

My 2 cents:

The first shot in Blue did not work for me...too strong with the title. The hand seems to be applying pressure...does not put across the "soft" feeling to me :)

hmmmz...

how about a palm-up compositioN?? same crumpled bedding but back of hand stroking it?? how u get wad i trying to picture...

Can try a straightened wrist from an aged person, resting on the comfy bedsheet. Lots of texture but hmm.. must find old ppl. :p

Argh cant go back and shoot again :( Thanks for the suggestions. will try it when I do something similar in the future.

But seriously, why would u wanna take such a picture in the first place. In the end, you wont keep it and ultimately it has no meaning. Hmm.... move ON!

:embrass:

hmmmm....if u dun mind tomorrow when i come back from work i try to help u PS this...see if i can get the effect anot....

One suggestion to acquire the feeling of soft. Hope you don't mind i change it a bit. :)
Handv2.jpg

sunboar said:
For me, the picture and the title did not work. From the gesture of the hand, it seems like it's pressing down vertically against the matress/blanket/fabric. In this kind of posture you generally associate with firmness rather than softness, especially since the mattress is visibly sunken down due to the hand.

2 cents. :)

I agree. No matter what you do to the picture, the angle of wrist is just not right. I can imagine the person sitting on the mattress, leaning and supported by the hands. "Lean" might be a better title. Also, too much mattress in the lower half--my attention is drawn to it rather than the hand.

Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.