Soft Pictures and flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

roninwolf

Dec 27, 2002
Amidst the books
Will using flash prevent soft pictures? Or vice versa?
How do I prevent the pictures from looking soft?

What can I do to prevent over-exposure of the subject if I decided to use flash?
At times I realised that if the subject is too far away, my flash will result in under-exposure, wat can I do?

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
you can get soft pics even with flash. practise reducing camera shake when you press the shutter. else use a tripod and shutter release/timer/remote control.

understand your flash. flash have limited range (the range for built-in ones is usually even more limited). also there's usually a minimal distance. if your camera offers control, setting a smaller aperture will help to reduce overexposure. (note that if you're looking at Gain Numbers, you need to divide by the aperture to get teh range).

darkavgr

Jul 14, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by mpenza
you can get soft pics even with flash. practise reducing camera shake when you press the shutter. else use a tripod and shutter release/timer/remote control.

understand your flash. flash have limited range (the range for built-in ones is usually even more limited). also there's usually a minimal distance. if your camera offers control, setting a smaller aperture will help to reduce overexposure. (note that if you're looking at Gain Numbers, you need to divide by the aperture to get teh range).
Yeah...I get soft pictures from flash shots which I conclude must be due to camera shake. My technique no good lah :-(

To prevent this, is it possible to set shutter speed to say 1/125
and snap ? Or set to shutter priority @ 1/125 and let camera set aperture ?

Maybe I can get better/sharper snaps this way...

thanks...dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom