Soft corner on the lower left??

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
Hi,

I have got a lens armour for my c4040z, similar to those used in c2040z. With a CLA-1 and a step up ring 43-52mm with a UV filter from Hoya.

I got this problem. When taking flash shot at a dist of about 1m to 1.5m away from the target, my photo suffers from a soft corner. The lower left corner is underexposed due to flash being blocked. This obvious in wide angle. It disaappear with tele.

If they a way to have the lens armour and without such problem?
I heard outside now got oem lens tube 43mm to 37mm. If i replace my CLA-1 with these oem lens tube and get a 37mm filter, would i still have the soft corner problem?

C2040z owner with the 43mm to 37mm tube , please comment ........

I have both the CLA-1 and the 43-37mm adapter tube. I can tell you that when I attach my UV filter to the 37mm adapter on my cam, vignetting occurs at widest zoom.

I use the C-3020Z.

Then do you have soft corner when taking flash photo at close distance??

i have a CLA1 with 43mm UV filter, i have the same problem... have to move back then zoom in to take some photos.... but for me i don't think its really a huge problem for me..... only a little shadow.....

i m interested to know if the OEM adaptor 43-37 type will cause any shadowing too....

i'm using a 37mm skylight filter for my oly 2040. No vignettting and flash shadowing at wide angle.

Your flash will definately be blocked when using the Oly CLA-1 and step up to 52mm.

Most users use the 52mm thread for normal day shots and night shots where flash is not needed. If you want to use it for taking indoors or macro where flash is needed, either take out the adaptor or the 43-37mm adaptor will be more suitable.

Originally posted by song
Hi,

I have got a lens armour for my c4040z, similar to those used in c2040z. With a CLA-1 and a step up ring 43-52mm with a UV filter from Hoya.

I got this problem. When taking flash shot at a dist of about 1m to 1.5m away from the target, my photo suffers from a soft corner. The lower left corner is underexposed due to flash being blocked. This obvious in wide angle. It disaappear with tele.

If they a way to have the lens armour and without such problem?
I heard outside now got oem lens tube 43mm to 37mm. If i replace my CLA-1 with these oem lens tube and get a 37mm filter, would i still have the soft corner problem?

C2040z owner with the 43mm to 37mm tube , please comment ........

So do you mean that if i use only the Oly CLA-1 and a step down ring (43mm to 37mm), i would not block my flash?

If this is the case, would i have a problem of vignetting at wide angle? The 37mm is smaller than the actual lens size.

Originally posted by Megadark
I have both the CLA-1 and the 43-37mm adapter tube. I can tell you that when I attach my UV filter to the 37mm adapter on my cam, vignetting occurs at widest zoom.

I use the C-3020Z.
]

I also using C-3020Z. I using a 41-37mm lens adapetr with a 37mm UV and it cause Vignetting.....but if i buy a 41mm-46mm and with a 43mm UV. It will solve the problem rite?

I use an Olympus C-2000, which has a similar body to the C-4040. What I did was to get the CLA-1 adaptor (41mm to 43mm) and two 43mm Hoya UV filters. I removed the glass from one of the filters and used it as a 43-43 extension tube for the reason described at http://www.cliffshade.com/dpfwiw/c-2000z/filters/index.htm#crash , and then just added the 43mm UV filter. The result? No vignetting at all of the built-in focal lengths and no flash blockage.

In fact, I believe you have an advantage over my setup, because the C-4040 apparently does not require the use of a 43-43 extension tube due to the different lens. As such, why not simply just add a 43mm UV filter directly?

In case you can't find a 43mm UV filter, I got my Hoya filter for $12 (I think) at Cathay Photo. Although they had no stock when I visited them, their staff were very helpful and managed to order one for me within a couple of days. They also have 43mm circular polarising filters and 43mm lens caps too, if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.