The camera tells the truth, they say.
I don't think so.
Sometimes, it is how the photographer
that dictates the moods and how things
will turn out in the end.
This is a supposed happy and gay band.
This is Soda Green. 苏打绿.

Sorry guys, my melancholy spilled over.

Maybe it's true, the camera does not lie.

soda_green_001.jpg

soda_green_005.jpg

soda_green_010.jpg

soda_green_012.jpg

soda_green_014.jpg

I like #4 and #5.
#4 has a fabulous composition. Thank u for playing with the grain. We are now under the absurd diktat of "no noise - no grain". Your pictures shows admirably the nice effects we can get with noisy black and white.

#5 also good for composition. Harsh light, high contrast. Good idea to put the singer to the right ( how many action photographers would simply center and post...)

In #3 the eyes appear out of focus, maybe you want it , but not workin for me.

I would not comment the other pictures although intersting, i think they correspond to what people like and expect ( good lens,bla bla) but less artistically thought. So i don't care.

Regards

I like some of their songs, very meaningful lyrics.
Especially this one called "小宇宙", it's exactly what
I feel sometimes when I walk on the streets in Singapore.

I like #4 and #5.
#4 has a fabulous composition. Thank u for playing with the grain. We are now under the absurd diktat of "no noise - no grain". Your pictures shows admirably the nice effects we can get with noisy black and white.

#5 also good for composition. Harsh light, high contrast. Good idea to put the singer to the right ( how many action photographers would simply center and post...)

In #3 the eyes appear out of focus, maybe you want it , but not workin for me.

I would not comment the other pictures although intersting, i think they correspond to what people like and expect ( good lens,bla bla) but less artistically thought. So i don't care.

Regards

Woah... this is one of the sweetest things I have heard in a long time... thank you so much.

Agreed. #4 is just super Bro.! Good work :thumbsup:

Thank you bro.

I like some of their songs, very meaningful lyrics.
Especially this one called "小宇宙", it's exactly what
I feel sometimes when I walk on the streets in Singapore.

Really? I have their album but never got down to listening to it. I know their producer well, and that is why I was there to shoot them.

Hi all, i m addicted to their "小情歌" now, like it alot. Anyway, isit a local group?

Oh ya, the photos were great especially the monochrome ones. For the grainy shot, a little too much for me. Thanks for sharing.

Hi all, i m addicted to their "小情歌" now, like it alot. Anyway, isit a local group?

Oh ya, the photos were great especially the monochrome ones. For the grainy shot, a little too much for me. Thanks for sharing.

They are Taiwanese.

I guess Canon did a good job with marketing. LOL. Well, grain does need a little getting used to.

really.. iv e been following their albums.
great band.
u shot this in tw?
Really? I have their album but never got down to listening to it. I know their producer well, and that is why I was there to shoot them.

really.. iv e been following their albums.
great band.
u shot this in tw?

I will let the band know about them having Singaporean followers. That should bring a smile to their faces. Yes, I shot them in Taiwan. They have progressed from a newbie underground band to the mainstream now. Not too bad for 2 years of hard work.

i also loved your 4th shot :) the composition was just superb :)

ah ya... they're quite good actually.
glad there' finally on the local airwaves.
but market here still nt ready for em yet.
lucky u, many gd tw indie concerts ive been aiming but still no chance to go.

I will let the band know about them having Singaporean followers. That should bring a smile to their faces. Yes, I shot them in Taiwan. They have progressed from a newbie underground band to the mainstream now. Not too bad for 2 years of hard work.

There are a few places in Taipei where you can see all these indie bands make their rounds. When I was staying there, I was quite close to this Riverside Cafe at Roosevelt Road, they have performances every week. That's where I got to know about bands like Soda Green, Zayin, Lost in Vega etc etc. Some of them are really good.

ah ya... they're quite good actually.
glad there' finally on the local airwaves.
but market here still nt ready for em yet.
lucky u, many gd tw indie concerts ive been aiming but still no chance to go.

Yes, it is great to know and meet these bands in my course of work. And it is rewarding to see the indie bands go all the way to mainstream and making it.

There are a few places in Taipei where you can see all these indie bands make their rounds. When I was staying there, I was quite close to this Riverside Cafe at Roosevelt Road, they have performances every week. That's where I got to know about bands like Soda Green, Zayin, Lost in Vega etc etc. Some of them are really good.

There are a few more new places opened, but most of them are pretty run down. But true, the club at Roosevelt Road is pretty good to spot new talents, and there is always Witch House.

:nono: Below the belt statement... :nono:

:cheers:

Sorrie. I was feeling wicked.

Very nice series! I love the mood. :lovegrin: :thumbsup: :D

Very nice series! I love the mood. :lovegrin: :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Kongo. Though we have such differing styles, but to get a thumbs up from you, it really means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.