SOCCER WORLD CUP

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Are you paying to watch the world cup?

No. I am not rich. If I want to see, I will go to coffee shop and watch for free. But I am not interested in soccer so most likely I will enjoy my sleep. :)

Haven't stayed up to watch soccer past midnight in the longest time ever. I choose not to pay for soccer on cable tv. Voting as a consumer who is dissatisfied with how the big two are holding us to ransom.

Refuse to pay more...so no live telecast for me except those free one....it has been like this for the last 3 tournaments and I survived. ..lol...

Not soccer fan...
Not staying awake pass midnight to watch...
No paying for the privilege of losing sleep...
Not willing to be "Carrot Head"

It is football, we dont call it soccer unless americans

Why paying for something that is much better enjoyed with friends and beer for free?

Why paying for something that is much better enjoyed with friends and beer for free?

If you are doing it in one of those sports bar, then expect your beer to cost more... no free lunch my friend...

If you are doing it in one of those sports bar, then expect your beer to cost more... no free lunch my friend...
There are more places than sports bars and the mark up for the beer is less than the subscription package.

Plus we dont necessarily watch enough games to justify the $105 fee alone. Chances are that for the big matches where we would be likely to catch, we would end up going to someone's place or a random pub to watch with friends. Then the subscription is not fully utilised?

Unless we can get someone to co-share the mio tv password to watch on mobile devices? Then maybe it wont be as expensive.

Another way to watch for free is to fly to Cambodia :)
Take photos during the day and watch world cup for free at night :)

Another way to watch for free is to fly to Cambodia :)
Take photos during the day and watch world cup for free at night :)
With Brazil's timezone it would be rather early breakfast time for the evening games :)

With Brazil's timezone it would be rather early breakfast time for the evening games :)

Then instead of taking sun rise photos in the morning.
Watch world cup in the morning and take sunset photos in the evening :)

Aiya, this is Singtel's way of service to the nation.

By making it so unreasonably expensive to watch the World Cup , you may subconsciously want to watch the local leagues instead. Compared to doing the nation good, self must be sacrificed and since they can make money doing this glorious honorable deed , why not ?

Aiya, this is Singtel's way of service to the nation. By making it so unreasonably expensive to watch the World Cup , you may subconsciously want to watch the local leagues instead. Compared to doing the nation good, self must be sacrificed and since they can make money doing this glorious honorable deed , why not ?

Plus you won't stay up and then get leave or fall sick or sleep on the job - hence improving productivity of our nation which is already low.

That pricing for rich people to pay n watch. Don't forget that we are the world most expensive country. $115 now, maybe $1150 in next world cup. Ha ha!

We only hear from those not interested in football. How any those craze?

I am football crazy And I am not paying that kind of money to watch !!! They are just out milking our money!! There are other ways to watch it for free. World Cup is not as interesting as Champion league where a team of best players from multi nation who played regular football with each other took part in. In World Cup the teams are like part time players put together just for one month to make money, the team work and understanding with their team mates are at the minimum level. Lastly I will not watch S League, the standard there is like..... Speechless !!

Reactions: Shizuma
One day we should organise a CS outing to Jalan Besar Stadium =)