Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
Not your usual puffy cloud blue sky shot.
I like it alot. What do U guys think?

original.jpg

edit: did not include a shot of the kid as the framing would be too loose, predictable & have distracting elements (grass, trees, buildings)... then I'd lose the strength from the cloud & kite. Originally was going to shoot the clouds but those sucked and this was the best shot of the day

Rev said:
Not your usual puffy cloud blue sky shot.
I like it alot. Candid shot when some kid was kiting. What do U guys think?

Where is the kid?

sigg said:
Where is the kid?

my sentiments exactly. as i scrolled down i expected the kite line to lead me to the flyer. SniperD may be right, a sq or rect crop, and retitle it as "restrained" (something along that line, just a thought) :)

Trigger Happy said:
my sentiments exactly. as i scrolled down i expected the kite line to lead me to the flyer. SniperD may be right, a sq or rect crop, and retitle it as "restrained" (something along that line, just a thought) :)

hmm .. yah .. i think if there is a kid somewhere .. it will be nicer? hmm but i still think the colours are nice .. newbie here !! =)

edit: did not include a shot of the kid as the framing would be too loose, predictable & have distracting elements (grass, trees, buildings)... then I'd lose the strength from the cloud & kite. Originally was going to shoot the clouds but those sucked and this was the best shot of the day

thanks for the comments guys, sorry to disappoint that there's no kid...

Dont think a square crop would work here, not a fan of those right now and it would lose the puffy stretch of cloud...

The position of the kite so close to the edge of the frame along with the obvious string holding it back does convey a sense of being held back and restrained as opposed to being allowed to "soar free". If "Soar" is to be the caption, I think a looser crop with more blue sky above and to the left would work much better.

I might also agree that there is a sense of imbalance/tension in the shot that might be aided by a cropping out more from the right.

Overall, its a simple shot that does have endearing qualities.

Zerstorer said:
The position of the kite so close to the edge of the frame along with the obvious string holding it back does convey a sense of being held back and restrained as opposed to being allowed to "soar free". If "Soar" is to be the caption, I think a looser crop with more blue sky above and to the left would work much better.

I might also agree that there is a sense of imbalance/tension in the shot that might be aided by a cropping out more from the right.
Overall, its a simple shot that does have endearing qualities.

thanks... hmm, good point on the string... I didnt see that.
I do have a portrait-orientation shot like U mentioned with alot more sky and the kite is a lot higher (smaller) in the air. Maybe I'll post that here later to give a comparision & rename this to 'Above the Clouds'...

hey guys...
here's the other 2 pics... do they give a better feel of S O A R ?
again, appreciate the C&C

original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.