So, Zone 4 walkabout ticket holders..care to share 2010 F1 Experience?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
anyone willing to share?

Depends on what you want to do. Photography wise, walkabout is better than grandstand in my opinion but be prepared to camp out. But if you just want to soak in a day at the races then grandstand is better as the seats are allocated and you can roam around without worrying that your precious spot has been taken.

Last edited:
Zone 4 walkabout is quite worth it as can watch concerts and there are plenty of F&B. I saw many xmms queued up like 4-5pm to get "fan zone" tickets for the Adam Lambert concert at 10 or 11pm. I think they just buy the F1 walkabout to watch concerts. :bsmilie:

Zone 4 walkabout is quite worth it as can watch concerts and there are plenty of F&B. I saw many xmms queued up like 4-5pm to get "fan zone" tickets for the Adam Lambert concert at 10 or 11pm. I think they just buy the F1 walkabout to watch concerts. :bsmilie:

This i agree wo. I see kids/xmms sit inside esplanade during F1 qualifying/practice.. Haha :bsmilie:

For 2010 walkabout, i cant get close to the fence as in 2009.. and many places to view are taken out(around b4 the esplanade bridge) :what:

Last edited:
What can I say, I am lost in Zone 4, if you see on the map, I think Zone 4 is one of the biggest zone with the most activities. Also, great for photograhy cos it the nearest as you can get to the fence and cars.

However, grabbing a position near the fence in Zone 4 is that easy, you have to find your sweet spot as soon as the gate open, best if you can bring a friend along. I stuck at my position for 6 hours without able to move anywhere cos I went alone for photography.

Poor bladder. :cry:

What can I say, I am lost in Zone 4, if you see on the map, I think Zone 4 is one of the biggest zone with the most activities. Also, great for photograhy cos it the nearest as you can get to the fence and cars.

However, grabbing a position near the fence in Zone 4 is that easy, you have to find your sweet spot as soon as the gate open, best if you can bring a friend along. I stuck at my position for 6 hours without able to move anywhere cos I went alone for photography.

Poor bladder. :cry:

this was for final day i guess?
sat, can still move ard at each race interval, altho u dun get the optimal spot..
but 1 fella is more easy to squeeze thru, "excuse me sorry", or juz "nudge nudge" with long lens while panning until the fella gets the msg.. 8P

sat, can still move ard at each race interval, altho u dun get the optimal spot..
but 1 fella is more easy to squeeze thru, "excuse me sorry", or juz "nudge nudge" with long lens while panning until the fella gets the msg.. 8P

Oh no, I went for the first day is already like that....

Great experience for my first time there. Took many shots till my battery died on me. :(

All three days were packed. Once you leave your spot, that's it. Don't expect it to be available when you come back. So ideally, you want to go as a group then can take turns going for food and toilet breaks.

All three days were packed. Once you leave your spot, that's it. Don't expect it to be available when you come back. So ideally, you want to go as a group then can take turns going for food and toilet breaks.

was there on sat..
could manage to do turns 8, 11, and the esplanade straight.
ppl move off during the breaks..

choice spot at turn 8 all gone, so had to settle for the next stand..
plenty of space at turn 11 if u show up quick.
had to squeeze at esplanade straight cos it was a very short break, less crowd movement..

doubt i could do that on sun, but wasnt there to try..

and no toilet break for me too. :sticktong

i was at the stamford grandstand. pretty nice... too bad i didn't get to watch much of the race. but i did catch a glimpse here and there on the TV