So sad, these type of Aeroplane pilots still in our midst

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
Thread located here ..... just felt very sad for the seller .... luckily he still managed to sell it

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/974733-WTSell-Compact-Samsung-EX1-and-extras-at-350-only?highlight=81702341

Quote Goomba "Standing here like a fool at Serangoon Central Drive Blk 267 after making my way to voluntarily meet Ricky of 81702341, who yesterday CONFIRMED a deal at $330. I reach this place to meet him out of convenience for him only to be sent this SMS.

"Actually buying for my maid. After i had told her that your cam is well used she decided to cancel but i told her seller alre turned up. She asked whether can lower to 250 instead"

And he still had the cheek to follow up with asking.if 260 is ok if he's buying it for himself.

"Ricky", I hope you ****ing burn in hell.re turned up. She asked whether can lower to 250 instead"

And he still had the cheek to follow up with asking.if 260 is ok if he's buying it for himself.

"Ricky", I hope you ****ing burn in hell. "

end quote

If you thought the quote was weird, that's cos I was posting from my handphone at the time and I must've accidentally copied and pasted the message by accident, please pardon me.

I still have the entire SMS thread on my phone and I would be okay to share with u guys, but it seems his reputation already precedes him. I guess I should Google next time too.

Thanks for bringing attention to this though, I think we ought to bring these black sheep to light so that other innocent people can blacklist them or at least be aware of them. Luckily though, I managed to sell my camera to a very nice, deserving guy.

A curious thought did arise though, but I think it might be too elaborate a method to fake a bad guy and then follow up with a nice guy character in order to make a steal of a deal. Perhaps I should go to bed now. Be safe now, guys.

that guy pilot me as well. I live in jurong and i purposely went over to serangoon NEX to wait for him. Initially he said he inside office meeting and asked me to wait for 30mins, after that he totally MIA and never picked up my calls. :(

I really dont know what sort of happiness do they derive from flying people aeroplane?

People like that Ricky are realy a**h***. Exactly as what sqroot said, what pleasure or happiness do they derived from such antics! Maybe they have been stood up by their dates so many times that they turned their vengeances on fellow CSers.

Thanks mod Ed for the link, else TS has to sing 心事谁人知......

what a creative way to use domestic helper as an excuse....

beside carry backpack, now still need to help to bargain for discount, what else they need to do har??? lol

i started this thread because i did not want this unhappy incident to be hidden in his WTS thread and not get enough eyeballs

this should at least alert others when dealing with this scumbag from this phone number

say what u guys need to say ..... I'll be moving this thread over to Consumer Corner this evening

That's why I think we should have a feedback section for individual sellers and buyers. Each person who wants to sell or buy will can then create a thread for others to post in after the transaction. Head-fi.org has this, and it works well.

BTW, I think lowballing is not the problem. Shady behaviour after agreeing on the price, on the other hand, is not okay.

BTW, I think lowballing is not the problem. Shady behaviour after agreeing on the price, on the other hand, is not okay.

Agree... lowballer will tell you the price he/she wants upright, which we could refuse. But its buyer or seller that agreed with the price then fly airplane or wants further discount that's the problem.

CS should have a "Clubsnap Most Wanted List" that indicates the photo of this pilot and phone number so that sellers can be cautious.

CS should have a "Clubsnap Most Wanted List" that indicates the photo of this pilot and phone number so that sellers can be cautious.
i think that is a good idea but photos is not a good idea.

I suggest seller should get buyer to go to your place to get it or somewhere near your place.
If the buyer is sincere about buying it from you, it should not be a problem for him/her to travel to your place.

In the case of buyer don't want to travel to your place, then you could add on to the price tag of having to travel to the desire place or just agree to a place where you will be happen to be there where possible.

lunas said:
...that indicates the photo of this pilot...

They clearly have no intentions of showing up, so good luck with that. :)

Anyways, I bet some of them are even watching from a distance and admiring their handiwork. Sick bast*rds.

This lowballing problem is getting from bad to worse.

A while back (say, 2008-2009 period), every deal I had was smooth. I put price, buyer at most bargain for $5-$10 if they met me at their cost. That's fine. People turn up on time, very polite and apologise if they are late. If I was late I'd give them an additional discount for wasting their time.

Nowadays, I dread having to put up items for sale. But not much choice, CS B&S is the only option as Singapore eBay is not really that developed for second hand market (I suspect this is because Singaporeans count pennies and don't want to pay extra for postage fees)... Either you have people offering $250 for a $450 item (when the norm is $500 at that, I always list my items a bit lower because don't like to have to bargain after that, everyone happy) WHILE making it sound like they're doing you a favour ("$250 and I will take the item off your hands" :rolleyes:), or even if you state price non-negotiable, you have a bunch of people asking very innocently (too innocently in fact) whether the price is negotiable. I have even gotten a recent experience where the guy ask a whole load of questions subsequently, before asking for a further discount when I stated upfront in response to his first query whether the price was negotiable that it was not.

Last edited:
perhaps agreed price and CS nick should be posted on the thread itself and updated if the buyer or seller turn out to be an a55hole pilot. This way buyer and seller will know that everyone knows who they are.

Maybe Seller can agree with wat ever price, ask him to come by and aeroplane him back to let him taste his own medicine :bsmilie:

Can it be done? before a deal can be made, ask if the guy is a member of clubsnap...
That way, we can verify the authenticity of the buyers.

Thanks for sharing! Adding his number to my potential vic- err I mean my list of :nono: buyers. :bsmilie: