So pure & innocent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlurQueen78

May 8, 2008
My first attempt taking baby pix with my SLR.....
Friend's baby boy taken @ 2 weeks old.....wanted to do something different from the usual baby pix....

Taken using Canon 400D 18-55mm Kit Lens
ISO400
Aperture: F5.6
Shutter: 1/4
Exposure Compensation: +1/3

Wld like feedback on composition, techniques and how I can improve.
Personally, I like this pix because it gives me a very serene feel and brings out the innocence of a new born baby....

IMG_1965.jpg

Comments & feedback welcome! :)

Show more of the face.

yeah. and besides that, i think you should crop the bottom where the hand is visible away. it's kinda distracting. most importantly is still the face. you didnt capture much of the face which resulted in a little uninteresting. just my two cents worth.

yeah. and besides that, i think you should crop the bottom where the hand is visible away. it's kinda distracting. most importantly is still the face. you didnt capture much of the face which resulted in a little uninteresting. just my two cents worth.

It was kind of done on purpose cause I wanted to try doing something that is different and not the conventional baby pix ...... great feedback regardless! :)

Pardon me if i'm too harsh to you. Anyways, if you are trying something different, and you title this as "so pure and innocent" with intent of showing the hand like this with so little attention room to the baby's face, would it be accurate to say that this baby's hand is "so pure and innocent" instead of the serenity within the baby itself? Take a look at more baby ads around you; just my observation, usually with babies smiling or rather awake, 'eyes opened' the pics are shot in colour, slp-ing babies pics are usually done in BnW. Coming back to the point on the hand, you cropped of his small fingers which could capture great attention, but, still cropped away. The head was shaved off the frame mercilessly. Being different does not means drawing unnecessary attention to places you don't intent to.

Pardon me if i'm too harsh to you. Anyways, if you are trying something different, and you title this as "so pure and innocent" with intent of showing the hand like this with so little attention room to the baby's face, would it be accurate to say that this baby's hand is "so pure and innocent" instead of the serenity within the baby itself? Take a look at more baby ads around you; just my observation, usually with babies smiling or rather awake, 'eyes opened' the pics are shot in colour, slp-ing babies pics are usually done in BnW. Coming back to the point on the hand, you cropped of his small fingers which could capture great attention, but, still cropped away. The head was shaved off the frame mercilessly. Being different does not means drawing unnecessary attention to places you don't intent to.

Point taken! Great feedback! :thumbsup:

the requirement not from me leh. i dun really care abt such stuff. just think the pic looks a bit underexposed.

Yeah.. already +1/3 compensation.... but probably not enough ..... not sure if increasing will cause it to be overexposed on the white areas.

Yeah.. already +1/3 compensation.... but probably not enough ..... not sure if increasing will cause it to be overexposed on the white areas.

shld be fine. i think the lighting was insufficient to begin with. and do watch the focus. seems abit soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.