So photographers, Netbook or Ipad?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
which one has actually made your work easier onsite?

edit: rephrased

Last edited:
Depends on usage and budget. Nowadays a generally good brand and config 10" netbbok costs around 600 or cheaper.

how bout a proper laptop?
most of the netbooks screen are kinda small for my liking

for showing portfolio to clients, I choose a iPad anytime.

for post processing, definitely get a proper notebook or desktop.

well if you ask me for presentation of albums, backup and tethering... IPAD
other than that, a proper laptop is better.

forget about netbook... other than backing up ur shots on location, it is too small and too slow to do anything else.

Netbook or iPad depends on what you use it for...

those 13" ultraportble :thumbsup: but cost more than a netbook/ipad

I forget to ask the thread starter what is the basis of his question... ;)
supposing a 14" laptop/15" mbp + adapter is not exactly light or convenient to carry on site?

A $1000 desktop can beat most laptops anyday. If you need something to backup your images on the go then choose netbook. If need something as a portable photoviewer then ipad since it's using an IPS panel but you won't be able to transfer photo's on to it before reaching home.

supposing a 14" laptop/15" mbp + adapter is not exactly light or convenient to carry on site?
I see that you are looking for mobility. Since this is the case, if you are a Mac user, why not consider a 13" MBP? It has a balanced of processing power and performance. If performance is not really a issue and weight is at the top of your mind then 11" MBA would be good. I admit I'm not a fan of iPad. I loath to see finger prints on the screen when viewing images. ;)

Last edited:
A $1000 desktop can beat most laptops anyday. If you need something to backup your images on the go then choose netbook. If need something as a portable photoviewer then ipad since it's using an IPS panel but you won't be able to transfer photo's on to it before reaching home.
you can transfer photos using the camera connector kit.

My choice the high end 11.6" MBA for onsite and presentation. just bring a 64gb flash drive for backup purposes.

Last edited: