So many notebook how to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruggles

Nov 25, 2003
hi

i have been looking around for a notebook and notice that most brand configuration is about the same. so it boils down to reliability of thier product.
trying to buy one at no more than $2,500 any user recommendation?

thanks a lot

ruggles said:
hi

i have been looking around for a notebook and notice that most brand configuration is about the same. so it boils down to reliability of thier product.
trying to buy one at no more than $2,500 any user recommendation?

thanks a lot

Get the G4 iBook.

thought about it. but was hesitant as i have listed the software issues and user iterface. dont know whether to jump ship?

ruggles said:
thought about it. but was hesitant as i have listed the software issues and user iterface. dont know whether to jump ship?

Some time ago, I decided to take a leap of faith and jumped on to a G3 iBook. Took me about a week of frustration to get used to it. But after that, somehow you will just grow on it and find joy in using the iBook. From then on, I never wanted to switch back...ever. Now I'm using an G4 eMac and eyeing on the G5 series in the future.

ruggles said:

No such problem.....I am using both PC and MAC. Works well together and MAC is always more stable than PC. Besides, PB is coming out with a new specs. So you will see iBook prices drop a little. Price for a new iBook 14inch with additional topping of 512MB Ram with built-in Wireless G, will set you about $2,600 for now.

Software issues? Like wat software?

was looking at the 12" thought it was quite value for money. basic user just need to be mobile.

Get a G4 ibook... But you need to factor in the software as well... so it will be 2K plus.

However, if you are a gaming person... then dun get a mac coz they have limited games...

Just my 2cents of worth...

dell inspiron 700m @ 2k

12.1'" screen, 1.7kg, 512 ram
intel wireless b/g

ultra-portable

this month HWZ magazine is featuring on notebooks. maybe u want to take a copy of the magazine and flip through and see their recommendation.

The powerbooks and Ibooks are great! My only gripe is that they are mega heavy for laptops.

Stoned said:
The powerbooks and Ibooks are great! My only gripe is that they are mega heavy for laptops.

Are u sure? I think my powerbook is the slimest and sleekest when compared to equivalent windows based laptops. Weightwise its one of the lightest, for a 15" and considering its wrapped with pure aluminium.

mac is overrated

And Wintels are full of viruses, exploits to leave u tons of headache.

Efficient computing vs paranoia computing?

U choose.

jsbn said:
And Wintels are full of viruses, exploits to leave u tons of headache.

Efficient computing vs paranoia computing?

U choose.

i rather be called a fashion victim and use a mac then be blog down by trying to figure out how and who to get help when i kenna all the virus. time is money, so go figure.

its cool too and the mac is a factor that help me clinch deals, cool looking machine to clients whom require my artistic services.

it actually works! period.

it take less than a month of figure it out rather than i get all kinds of funny stuff on the PC which i take a lifetime to figure out.

if it takes a computer idiot to get use to a mac machine within 2 weeks, what does it take you? :sweatsm:

overrated? yeah it crashes, dun believe it doesn't.

but its still one one the best tools i ever bought and the most significant for my work to date.

the Mac is extremely stable.

I tried running the exact stuff on PC & on a Mac.
1. Microsoft Word
2. Microsoft Powerpoint
3. Play movie clip from HDD
4. Burning an audio CD
5. Surf Net
6. Email
7. MSN
8. ICQ
9. Dreamweaver
10. Photoshop 7
11. Flash MX

The desktop PC showed me the BSOD.
The PB was solely running on battery with Wifi & was still stable.

I could not believe it myself, running 11 applications.
It was of coz slower, but did not hang, CD still came out well & not a coaster.

PC specs were:
P4 2.4GHz, 512ram

Apple PB 15"
G4 1.25GHz, 512ram

Status
Not open for further replies.