So many model shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen2003

Mar 23, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Not sure if it is just me, it seems that CS has been flooded with model shoots lately. In the past, there were just Astin and 1 or 2 more other guys organizing it. Is it very profitable to organize one? Just a thought.. ;p

It's more boring to NOT organise one. Imagine, what would you do for the weekend!!! :cry: :cry:

:bsmilie:

Generally how much do the organizers earn per shoot? Seeing that there are so many organizers of late, I think this must be a very lucrative business.

Unless u dont have any life during the weekends, u can go thru the logistic challenge when org a shoot.

Astin said:
Ya, 1 day we would make the Model Shoot forum more popular than the Buy & Sell forum.....

Hrm...

* togu goes figure if that's a good sign...

:think:

considering a max of 6 photogs pay $60 each. Total income is only $360. Of that, how much will model expect for about half day's work? And how much will organiser expect?

I have nothing against people organising model shots. I think it's better than us going around hunting for models. Another plus is to be able to make use of the professional lighting equipments the organiser offers.

However from a photographer standpoint, if a group of people standing from the same distance and at the same angle shooting at the same model wearing the same expression under the same lighting conditions, wouldn't all the photos turn out to be like coming out from the same cookie mould?

Also I can't understand the concept of a girl standing there doing nothing, looking aimlessly and smiling weakly at the camera. What does it suppose to mean? Can please enlighten me Ai Sai Bo?

Many girls would model for free, especially if they've never done it before. They also want the chance to get some nice pictures of themselves from the experts here. So maybe first time is organiser gets paid more or all of the fee (eg $360), then subsequently, maybe model gets more like $200+ and organiser gets $100+? If got at least one clubsnap shoot every week, maybe model can earn around $800 every month on top of day job salary?

espn said:
It's more boring to NOT organise one. Imagine, what would you do for the weekend!!! :cry: :cry:

:bsmilie:
Hang out at Spins and tok c*ck sing song and wax lyrical over the Holy Trinity... :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Ya, 1 day we would make the Model Shoot forum more popular than the Buy & Sell forum.....
That would be the day I will see espn eating his 200-400 VR lens hood. :devil:

Don't think so. If you organise one, you'll know. Not worth it. I do it for the passion on photography and for contacts. :) Making more friens is more important.

xmen2003 said:
Generally how much do the organizers earn per shoot? Seeing that there are so many organizers of late, I think this must be a very lucrative business.

Virgo said:
Don't think so. If you organise one, you'll know. Not worth it. I do it for the passion on photography and for contacts. :) Making more friens is more important.

I agree. I org a few and it was taxing. I join in the model shoot more for networking and the hobby.

Garion :kok: :kok: :hammer: :hammer:

benedium said:
Many girls would model for free, especially if they've never done it before. They also want the chance to get some nice pictures of themselves from the experts here. So maybe first time is organiser gets paid more or all of the fee (eg $360), then subsequently, maybe model gets more like $200+ and organiser gets $100+? If got at least one clubsnap shoot every week, maybe model can earn around $800 every month on top of day job salary?

Hey..... don't forget the make up artisan, and than sometime only 3 or 4 photographers.......... wah pian!!! I think must come out from own pocket.

jeff49er said:
I agree. I org a few and it was taxing. I join in the model shoot more for networking and the hobby.

I agree too. I've organised one, and i didn't think that the financial gain was enough to compensate for my time. Generally, I'll pay the model, pay my makeup artist, be the ahmad (pick them up), parking, buy them dinner/lunch/breakfast and all these add to the overhead costs. On top of that, I try to adopt a more professional approach, which means concentrating more on letting others shoot rather than to get my camera out and compete for space. (I dunno how the others do it, but thats the way i do it).

Guess the only reason i organise such shoots is more for networking, and letting my talent and makeup artists earn some spare cash.

and at the last, the model and makeup artist seldom get a copy of the photos taken by the group.

darrelchia said:
and at the last, the model and makeup artist seldom get a copy of the photos taken by the group.

Unless it's a free for all portfolio shoot out, I don't see why the model & MUA should get a copy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.