So long away from this forum, so who still shoots Film?

Do you use film?

Results are only viewable after voting.

theITguy

Sep 19, 2003
In this small world
Visit site
Came across this Voigtlander R4M but no cash to buy atm. Still have a Canon EOS 30v without any lense. Currently using a F30 for fun/casual pictures. Very much a slide lover, sold off my gear to payoff school fees to concentrate on work and studies previously. When I look back at my 2 years old Sensia, Astia, Velvia and Provia, looks great and more interesting than my digital pictures. High hit rate I must say with little editing needed for the slides. It just come out great looking.

i'm still one of the film user... film still come out a bit different from digital although digital looks artificially nicer...

I agree but major headache is reproducing those colors on a print. Film scanners getting impossible to find.

I still shoot in film. Using a Dynax 7. Film scanners are pretty expensive. I hear the Minolta film scanners were quite good.

Me too... using FM3a! Velvia colors are hard to beat!:)

hmmm... let me see...

Being a Sometimes Shooter, I find more predictability and confidence when using film after shooting quite a bit with my DSLR.

But still, I noted that sensors tend to be temperamental and can do the unexpected - expecially in studio shoots...

But shooting in film, has its old charm - much like waiting to open Christmas presents and not knowing what's inside. Wherein with digital, it's like FastFood...

Shooting on film probably also tends to make you be more careful with composition and exposure. Knowing that you can't delete a blooper and that each shot has cost you even if it's a dud, probably, even subconsiously makes you take more care.

With digital - snap snap snap - who cares. No extra costs for the duds. Just delete the duds or correct later :)

Shooting on film probably also tends to make you be more careful with composition and exposure. Knowing that you can't delete a blooper and that each shot has cost you even if it's a dud, probably, even subconsiously makes you take more care.

With digital - snap snap snap - who cares. No extra costs for the duds. Just delete the duds or correct later :)

Ha ha, you are right about being more careful when shooting on film. I have 1 roll of B&W film half used inside my film SLR for more than 3 months already. I'm still waiting for the right time, right light. right subject, right location to finish up the rest of the film. This remind to me to quickly finish up before the film starts to deteoriate inside:bsmilie:

I shoot b&w film as well. No matter how much I try to PP the digital form... I still cannot exactly replicate the feel of film. (maybe my photoshop skills suck :bsmilie:)

I shoot b&w film as well. No matter how much I try to PP the digital form... I still cannot exactly replicate the feel of film. (maybe my photoshop skills suck :bsmilie:)

No, I believe Photoshop is Photoshop, while film remains film.

The two, stands apart - PS mimicks film, while film is the origin of photographic images.

slide chrome film colours are simply fantastic.:angel:

hi
could you give some examples of slide chrome films?
I am new to slide and would love to try a couple of these.
Did provia and velvia, are these slide chrome?

Easy, wife uses digicam, I use film. Velvia, and B + W. either develop myself, of take to Cherry Photo.

I still shoot black-and-white occasionally, develop the film myself. Will be learning to process prints. Personally, I like to shoot B&W for certain subjects because it can help bring out the mood.

In 1992, there was this radical new camera by Olympus, the IS-3000. It was waaaaay cool, but I think it cost a whopping $1.8k?!! As a student, no way I could afford it. Recently, I managed to hunt down a complete set (with G-40 flashgun) for a few hundred bucks. Finally, it's mine! So once in a while, I'll take it out for a spin.

Like some have mentioned, shooting on film is just a totally different experience. Old skool nostalgia! :thumbsup:

i shoot film when i have the craving for slides..which is about 2-3 times a month exhausing 8-9 rolls /mth in the process.

still loved the colours and all.... no fight man.. :thumbsup:

what can i say. i am a old school person... old man.old school.:bsmilie: