So do you want to be a Model?

Do you like to be my model?

Results are only viewable after voting.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
I shoot stock photos, and I use models quite often, in recent years there are some changes on the requirement on models, no longer looking for pretty girls or guys, more like want people with authentic look, just look around some advertisements of major companies you will notice this.

But this posing a challenge to photographers, they have to look for ordinary people from anywhere to be models.

So here the question, if a photographer approach you to ask you pose as photo shoot model, what will you think?

this shouldn't be an issue when you are a chio bu (pretty girl) or yan dao (handsome), understandable, but what if you think you are not, would you think this is any insult?

please vote and share your views.

Last edited:
I guess for many of us who have not consider modelling, it depend very much on what products are we modelling for and of course that person (company) approaching you.

It is not always about money but it helps and I don't think most of us will mind. Posing for a photograph for non commercial use is another matter. When we go for holidays, we also ask others and I usually will oblige when approached too. Especially chio bu, sure works.

I think we are simply too uptight and stress up in life that we tend to think too much. I notice when I shoot people in ulu areas, they always smile and are very happy that you take photo of them.

We should learn to relax more.

I shoot stock photos, and I use models quite often, in recent years there are some changes on the requirement on models, no longer looking for pretty girls or guys, more like want people with authentic look, just look around some advertisements of major companies you will notice this.

But this posing a challenge to photographers, they have to look for ordinary people from anywhere to be models.

So here the question, if a photographer approach you to ask you pose as photo shoot model, what will you think?

this shouldn't be an issue when you are a chio bu (pretty girl) or yan dao (handsome), understandable, but what if you think you are not, would you think this is any insult?

please vote and share your views.

Sure I will do it. SHOW ME THE MONEY

Go to supermarket in the morning. There are many aunties shopping there. Help them with their shopping baskets, chat to them, offer to buy them coffee and cakes etc. Then can ask them whether their husbands are at home or not and tell them you are free to go home with them to take their photos.

Get the photos and leave ASAP and don't linger and succumb the temptation to become a 2nd Yaw Shin Leong. :bsmilie:

:)

Go to supermarket in the morning. There are many aunties shopping there. Help them with their shopping baskets, chat to them, offer to buy them coffee and cakes etc. Then can ask them whether their husbands are at home or not and tell them you are free to go home with them to take their photos.

Get the photos and leave ASAP and don't linger and succumb the temptation to become a 2nd Yaw Shin Leong. :bsmilie:

:)

If they locked the door and throw away the key, then how?

....I notice when I shoot people in ulu areas, they always smile and are very happy that you take photo of them.

That's because you buy them lunches. :bsmilie:

funny-beggars-sign-board-pics-images-photos-24.jpg

That's because you buy them lunches. :bsmilie:

Climb thru window, can, if its only 1st floor. If its on 30th floor, I rather be raped.

sign me up as an average looking male model!

Training my body now =)

I think for me posing is not an issue but how will the picture be used will be a concern. With stock you don't have much control over how people would use the photo

I think for me posing is not an issue but how will the picture be used will be a concern. With stock you don't have much control over how people would use the photo
Yes, photographers have no control on how the photos being used, although the photos belong to them.
and technically, the moment when models sign the model release, models are agreed to give up their rights for not questioning how the photos being used, if this is the models' concern, than they shouldn't agree to the shoot in the first place.

and the models also need to understand that, photos of them, does not represent them in person or in real life. I know many people have difficulty to understand that.

Just like when I was very young, those Ah Soh will scold those actors or actress who acted as the villains in the movies whenever they see them walking on streets in real life, maybe those models still have the same mindset, worrying about how would people think when their faces appear on advertisement.

LoverinDisguise+1965-6-b.jpg
200906041816283c982.jpg

with the right attire and props a stock photographer can take on many roles himself e.g. chef, security guard, executive, hair dresser, gardener, carpenter, IT technician etc.

I'm sure you've explored such possibilities yourself.

with the right attire and props a stock photographer can take on many roles himself e.g. chef, security guard, executive, hair dresser, gardener, carpenter, IT technician etc.

I'm sure you've explored such possibilities yourself.
no issue on that,

but, you can't have two or more of you posing inside the shots at the same time. for an example, you can be a cashier, you can be a customer, but you can't be a customer handing the money to the cashier at the same time.

Last edited:
no issue on that,

but, you can't have two or more of you posing inside the shots at the same time. for an example, you can be a cashier, you can be a customer, but you can't be a customer handing the money to the cashier at the same time.

I'm sure you've shot this before: :bsmilie:

856025885_9c04939c18_o.jpg

00ZnsD-429161584.jpg

btw, this concept done in commercials and print ads before, but don't really work in stock photos, you can sell the photo once or twice, so how would you recover the cost? Hence the joke.

[video=youtube;7qytrKSToOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qytrKSToOs[/video]

futureyou.png