so, anyone grabbing the 35mm f/2.4?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
i can see it as an everyday walkabout lens.

all thats left is availability and performance reviews.

chances are, i am getting one.

not too sure about pricing, but based on rrp its probably 300+? which is a bit steep considering the nikon 35mm 1.8 with AFS is less than 350 :s

I am tempted but it seems it would overlap the coverage of my DA40 2.8 and I like to keep the 40 because of its pancake size. The 35mm would not replace the 21mm which is my "wide" prime nor the 70mm which is my portrait lens. And $300 is not expensive for a fast prime.

Last edited:
I think the price will be less then 300 ba . consider the RRP is only USD219.95

dun think i will getting as I already have a FA 35 :D

If have purple or pink... :lovegrin:

not too sure about pricing, but based on rrp its probably 300+? which is a bit steep considering the nikon 35mm 1.8 with AFS is less than 350 :s

$300 is steep now?

oh dear me....

i think it's fine, if you like the focal length. if the IQ is good wide open, i don't see any issue. but right now, don't know enough to comment.

someone did complain about this lens though. check out what he said here

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/09/dal3524-just-re-packaged-fa352.html

This guy is

sort of like this guy
http://www.kareldonk.com/karel/
but at least he takes nice photos ;)

RH's comments are worthless. He only complains about everything, so no one knows why he is still using the brand he is using (IF he is really using the brand he wants ppl to think he is using).

ah didnt know he had such a nice reputation haha

It'd be a very good lens, price wise still don't know yet, but I'm guessing it won't be too exp, especially if you buy together w/ a K-r or something :)

Man, if its below $300, I'll get it regardless what! Its small enough for me and if its plasticky and light, so much the better for me. ;)

In anycase, seems 35mm is a popular Pentax focal length.We have the FA35 f/2, the DA35 f/2.8 macro Limited and now a DA35 f/2.4 (non-Limited).

someone did complain about this lens though. check out what he said here

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/09/dal3524-just-re-packaged-fa352.html

Strange. i thought if Pentax can bring down the cost to a DA lens and maintain the performance of an FA lens, that's a good thing, right ? :sweat:

Last edited:
Strange. i thought if Pentax can bring down the cost to a DA lens and maintain the performance of an FA lens, that's a good thing, right ? :sweat:

no, he wants it to be expensive so he can w*nk about his equipment, i guess.

can look in the mirror and "oh, this lens cost me $xxxx" :bsmilie:

i'm currently a nikon user with the 35mm afs f1.8 and i really like what it can do in low light (indoors without flash). but if i had a chance to choose my 1st dslr again it will be a pentax, too bad when i started no one poisoned me. wish i had come to this sub-forum sooner.

I really like pentax for the great value it offers :thumbsup:) so now i'm waiting to buy either the pentax kr or the k7 and a prime maybe this one. but i'm wondering at f2.4 if the lens is fast enough for non-flash photography in situations like wedding dinners? can any guru advise?

thanks.

i'm currently a nikon user with the 35mm afs f1.8 and i really like what it can do in low light (indoors without flash). but if i had a chance to choose my 1st dslr again it will be a pentax, too bad when i started no one poisoned me. wish i had come to this sub-forum sooner.

I really like pentax for the great value it offers :thumbsup:) so now i'm waiting to buy either the pentax kr or the k7 and a prime maybe this one. but i'm wondering at f2.4 if the lens is fast enough for non-flash photography in situations like wedding dinners? can any guru advise?

thanks.

if the k-5 is as clean as a d700 as claimed...

can up the iso. :)

thanks.

If will be good to wait for the reviews. If its performance is really that of the FA35/2 at f2.4, it will be a stunning lens in terms of sharpness.
Honestly, we can't expect the slower f2.4 not to affect shutter speed, but the higher ISO capability will certainly be able to compensate. In that sense, a Kr would be a better bet for you since its at least 1 stop better in ISO performance than a K7 (based on Kx performance)