so, anyone grabbing the 35mm f/2.4?

nice price, if got silver colour i will seriously consider to buy :)

Aiya, black's best actually, if you've got a black body. Silver plastic, I am really not sure if it looks good. Chrome metal lens is nice, not sure if the plastic version looks or feel as good.

No need to express "seriously consider", why not just buy? Don't think it's optically inferior to FA35. ;-)

Good pricing Emjay!

* hey, already order 61? So many ordered? Wow!

Last edited:
Aiya, black's best actually, if you've got a black body. Silver plastic, I am really not sure if it looks good. Chrome metal lens is nice, not sure if the plastic version looks or feel as good.

No need to express "seriously consider", why not just buy? Don't think it's optically inferior to FA35. ;-)

Good pricing Emjay!

* hey, already order 61? So many ordered? Wow!

Wow!
I am so awed by the # of ppl having so much faith in the K5 that they are signing blank cheques :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

At this rate, will we all get our cameras on the 1st day?

Wow!
I am so awed by the # of ppl having so much faith in the K5 that they are signing blank cheques :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

At this rate, will we all get our cameras on the 1st day?

Great faith and trust indeed,,,:bsmilie:

What is the rumoured price for the K-5 intro? S$1900 (derived from the often quoted USD$1399 in the US)?

hope other colors will be available too. keen on getting the blue one.

What is the rumoured price for the K-5 intro? S$1900 (derived from the often quoted USD$1399 in the US)?

Or S$1399 direct rate from US like the DA35/2.4 ;p

Or S$1399 direct rate from US like the DA35/2.4 ;p

Ha ha....at that price. No need to consider anymore. We will all jump in.

Nah, should be quite a bit less than that :) Why not just preorder like many others did? I'm sure you'd get the best deal on the planet for K5 by next weekend ;p

Nah, should be quite a bit less than that :) Why not just preorder like many others did? I'm sure you'd get the best deal on the planet for K5 by next weekend ;p

Very tempting indeed.

But have not much mileage on my KX yet. Current skills still crap. So need to practise more with what I have first.

But eagerly awaiting the first local user reviews on the K-5.

But eagerly awaiting the first local user reviews on the K-5.

Should be the one with a cute photogenic daughter, who likes beers, has lots of nice lenses , takes awesome photos and moderates a forum in Clubsnap. :bsmilie:

seriously poisoned... waiting for the silver k-5... :sweatsm:

Should be the one with a cute photogenic daughter, who likes beers, has lots of nice lenses , takes awesome photos and moderates a forum in Clubsnap. :bsmilie:

Hmm, got such a guy here mah? :dunno: How come I don't know anyone like that? There is only one who got a beautiful daughter with some ok lenses, but he takes very lousy photos leh :think: He does like beers though ;p

wah piang @$288 great price. i think street price will be even lower...

Last edited:
Nice. just wonder is other shop would to carry this model too? Would it be cheaper?;)

Nice. just wonder is other shop would to carry this model too? Would it be cheaper?;)

the usual good shops should carry it... manly, OP, slr-r, etc.

price would be pretty close... haven't really encountered instances of over-charging for pentax products as local user-base is quite savvy and price information is very transparent.

they may kotok on other things like accessories, but seldom on bodies lenses.

if i'm not wrong, adorama or b&h also selling at the same price, about USD215

if i'm not wrong, adorama or b&h also selling at the same price, about USD215

Add international shipping, no local warranty, cannot test in the shop, hassle to wait... what's the point?
Plus Emjay offers extended warranty for a small fee. No brainer...

If Japan has the same price, I'll be seriously considering grabbing one of the coloured ones when I'm there... :think: There goes my 2nd hand lens spending money. :sweat: