Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDSNP

Dec 17, 2003
Australia
www.flickr.com
Have absolutely no idea how to shoot snow.. :confused: plus fingers were numbed.. :dunno:

Snowy_Rocks.jpg

Mount_Buller_23A.jpg

Frozen_Tree_1.jpg

Pls comment... :sweat:

GDSNP said:
Have absolutely no idea how to shoot snow.. :confused: plus fingers were numbed.. :dunno:

Pls comment... :sweat:
Hey, a good try and it is not easy to take photo when snowing.
Some comments, IMHO
Photo 2 has a nice perspective and I think it welcome composed.
Photo 1 , :D dont know what you gonna show us.
Photo 3 could be better with a nicer trees with snow.

i dunno. wat cam u using?

white snow jin jia lat to take becos it reflects helluva light back to ur cam. suggest u get a polarizer? mebbe it will help cut the glare, but without under-exposing the snow scene. i get this feeling ur pics are under a bit. i tried it in switzerland last yr on matterhorn. had to under-compensated the cam by abt -1/3 stop, 1/250 (i think) with polarizer to get the snow scene. even then still a bit over and had to PS a bit.

How about spot meter on the snow, and then over expose by 1 or 2 stops??

Haven't tried it personally, but this is what i learnt from ziploc's class :embrass:

Hosea said:
Hey, a good try and it is not easy to take photo when snowing.
Some comments, IMHO
Photo 2 has a nice perspective and I think it welcome composed.
Photo 1 , :D dont know what you gonna show us.
Photo 3 could be better with a nicer trees with snow.

hey hosea, nice to hear comments from u..
my brain was kinda freezed then.. same goes to my fingers.. and because of that, i wasted a lot of films and $$$ :cry:

nightwolf75 said:
i dunno. wat cam u using?

white snow jin jia lat to take becos it reflects helluva light back to ur cam. suggest u get a polarizer? mebbe it will help cut the glare, but without under-exposing the snow scene. i get this feeling ur pics are under a bit. i tried it in switzerland last yr on matterhorn. had to under-compensated the cam by abt -1/3 stop, 1/250 (i think) with polarizer to get the snow scene. even then still a bit over and had to PS a bit.
yup.. i cant agree more.. plus i could hardly feel my fingers.. sigh.. should have worn insulation on my fingers...
used a polarizer already.. but was also worried about not enough light cuz the whole place kinda whiteout at times...
care to share how u shoot when u were in switzerland?

Brandon said:
How about spot meter on the snow, and then over expose by 1 or 2 stops??

Haven't tried it personally, but this is what i learnt from ziploc's class :embrass:

i was afraid that the snow might reflect too much light.. hmmm.. maybe i should try again when i go for my next ski trip.. :think:

GDSNP said:
yup.. i cant agree more.. plus i could hardly feel my fingers.. sigh.. should have worn insulation on my fingers...
used a polarizer already.. but was also worried about not enough light cuz the whole place kinda whiteout at times...
care to share how u shoot when u were in switzerland?

well, my wife just used the auto "landscape" setting on the pentax and just shoot. i made some adjustments, as mentioned earlier, b4 she shoot. still, a tad over. sigh...

nightwolf75 said:
well, my wife just used the auto "landscape" setting on the pentax and just shoot. i made some adjustments, as mentioned earlier, b4 she shoot. still, a tad over. sigh...
sigh... guess i need to keep trying... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.