Snooker Cues: Which design is nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a snooker cue and have an idea of what I want but however, I still cannot make up my mind. So here got more traffic, I hope can have more opinions.

Which design is nice? Cost is not a factor, they cost about the same anyway!

MastercueProbutt.jpg

MastercueMillenium1.jpg

MastercueMillenium2.jpg

MastercueExclusive.jpg

Personally, I think I'll go for the PB1 but its design is common. So what you say? :)

The more splice the better, it gives more strength when contacting the hand ball. As for the design, choose a color and design you like best...my 2 cents.

Maybe get a John Paris...the rest is history...;)

I'll choose the one that helps me to get the ball in :D

hondasleeper said:
Check this site out, he has some of the nicest cues I have seen. I have even meet the guy and handled some of his cues. Really really nice.

http://www.miltoniocues.com/home.html

These are pool cues? I'm looking for snooker cues. :)

Sjourn, John Parris must order and wait plus I not willing to spend so much. If I'm willing, I'll get a Mike Wooldridge cue. :bigeyes: I also never heard that more splices gives more strength. More strenght gotta do with the weight of the cue I think. Heavier it is, more power.

Come on! I just want opinions on which design is nice. :D Got so many photog here, surely got a keen eye for nice designs.

I'd like amace design or butterfly splice. Hmm JP cues are pretty good hitting but waiting list is quite long now. How abt mastercue?

afbug said:
These are pool cues? I'm looking for snooker cues. :)

Sjourn, John Parris must order and wait plus I not willing to spend so much. If I'm willing, I'll get a Mike Wooldridge cue. :bigeyes: I also never heard that more splices gives more strength. More strenght gotta do with the weight of the cue I think. Heavier it is, more power.

Come on! I just want opinions on which design is nice. :D Got so many photog here, surely got a keen eye for nice designs.

I quite like M7 or EX2..

I have a custom made cue from Thailand, I can't remember what brand already but so much cheaper than ordering the same thing from Singapore. About the splice thing, a top player in SG told me that.

Sjourn said:
I quite like M7 or EX2..

I have a custom made cue from Thailand, I can't remember what brand already but so much cheaper than ordering the same thing from Singapore. About the splice thing, a top player in SG told me that.

LOL not necessary true lah. splice makes the cue stronger. But the hit becomes much harder and sometimes dead. So in order to rectify that, they may need to hollow abot 1.5 inch near the ferrule. So depends on cue maker to cuemaker and see who's kung fu better to pull it off loh. Wats the players name? i think i might know him lol

:D hmm i like PB1...smiple and sweet

Chris Lim said:
LOL not necessary true lah. splice makes the cue stronger. But the hit becomes much harder and sometimes dead. So in order to rectify that, they may need to hollow abot 1.5 inch near the ferrule. So depends on cue maker to cuemaker and see who's kung fu better to pull it off loh. Wats the players name? i think i might know him lol

I only know him by the name of Aaron. He used to be more into pool.

Sjourn said:
I only know him by the name of Aaron. He used to be more into pool.

LOL aaron koh? previously pool ranked no.1? haha okok.

Sjourn said:
I quite like M7 or EX2..

Haha We got similar taste when it comes to complicated design. I also like M7 or EX2 for the more splices design.

But I also like the PB1, PB3, PB4 and PB5 for simplier designs. PB1 is my first choice but I find it a little too common? So many design I like, lol. :bsmilie: Thats why I ask for opinion here.

For power shots, its the weight of the cue, not splices. A ligher cue is technically more difficult as your stroke must really be straight and consistant to generate power.

Chris Lim, you refering to Mastercue from Thailand? If so, all cues pictured here are Mastercue from Thailand.

Chris Lim said:
LOL aaron koh? previously pool ranked no.1? haha okok.

yup, that's him. You know him too?

afbug said:
Haha We got similar taste when it comes to complicated design. I also like M7 or EX2 for the more splices design.

But I also like the PB1, PB3, PB4 and PB5 for simplier designs. PB1 is my first choice but I find it a little too common? So many design I like, lol. :bsmilie: Thats why I ask for opinion here.

For power shots, its the weight of the cue, not splices. A ligher cue is technically more difficult as your stroke must really be straight and consistant to generate power.

Chris Lim, you refering to Mastercue from Thailand? If so, all cues pictured here are Mastercue from Thailand.

I also prefer weighty cues for power.
you may have misunderstood my point on the splices, its not for power, but for the cue strength integrity when hitting the ball..:embrass:

Its been so long since I played, hand itchy now..haizz..

Sjourn said:
I also prefer weighty cues for power.
you may have misunderstood my point on the splices, its not for power, but for the cue strength integrity when hitting the ball..:embrass:

Its been so long since I played, hand itchy now..haizz..

Heh hehe ok. Sorry for misunderstanding. For splices, my thinking is, it makes the cue nicer only as I believe a single solid piece of wood like ebony without splices will be stronger.

Maybe should have snooker outing. :bsmilie:

Anymore opinions on the design? No need to have knowledge of the game, I just want to know which is nice.

Yeah aaron was my senior when i was still training in the team.

Anyway, ebony without splices will kill ur cue literally. LOL. Use to play ard with customs. I think my pick would be M7. its hand made right? so u can actually let them know ur specifications? like the tapering and all?

Chris Lim said:
Yeah aaron was my senior when i was still training in the team.

Anyway, ebony without splices will kill ur cue literally. LOL. Use to play ard with customs. I think my pick would be M7. its hand made right? so u can actually let them know ur specifications? like the tapering and all?

These are handmade only, not custom made. If want custom made, have to wait about a month. :( But can choose your own design.

I've narrowed down my choices to: PB1, PB3, PB5, EX2 and M7.

I will choose table with bigger holes :bsmilie: .
Tried EX version before. A nice cue, can feel the ball being control by you somehow.

afbug said:
These are handmade only, not custom made. If want custom made, have to wait about a month. :( But can choose your own design.

I've narrowed down my choices to: PB1, PB3, PB5, EX2 and M7.

How much does these babes cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.