SNBB Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bro,

why not go down to any major electronics store to compare. But do note the settings of the displays cos they are very deceiving. Anyway, I always find the Sony LCDs very nice. I went to the sony site & saw that Sony is pricing the LCD TV for $1799 only.

http://www.sony.com.sg/bravia/products/v_series/index.html

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I've a look at Courts or Harvey Norman.:thumbsup:

Currently I'm on Starhub MOL express and paying $59.92/month.

The SNBB LCD promotion is at $89.67/month and it's a 30 month contract.

Just paying an extra $29.75, I'll get a Sony LCD from SNBB.

No good promotion for existing MOL customers.:angry:

Using Sony 32" V-series, pic and colors are great when you display 720p/1080i HD videos. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I've a look at Courts or Harvey Norman.:thumbsup:

but flaw is Singnet give out your personal information while starhub lppl give it after court order... :devil:

What do you want to do with the LCD TV? Watching normal television on LCD TV is a torture to the eyes. It will perform its best if you watch Blu-ray or HD DVD or play PS3 or XBox 360 games on it. As for DVDs, you need a player which can upscale to at least 720p in order to enjoy HD.

but flaw is Singnet give out your personal information while starhub lppl give it after court order... :devil:

:bsmilie:

Anyway, back to TS's question, the Sony BRAVIA V Series 32" LCD TV given by SNBB's promotion is good. :thumbsup:

The only thing is that, do you want to get tied down by the 30months (2.5yrs) contract while looking u to $89.67/month. :think:

ps: I is tempted. :sweat:

Tied down to a 30mth contract and pay so much extra monthly for my broadband connection? No thanks.

thats a total of S$892.5

What do you want to do with the LCD TV? Watching normal television on LCD TV is a torture to the eyes. It will perform its best if you watch Blu-ray or HD DVD or play PS3 or XBox 360 games on it. As for DVDs, you need a player which can upscale to at least 720p in order to enjoy HD.

Samsung DVD-1080P7

Costs around SG$179 but gives beautiful 1080 upscaling results on my Sony Bravia V series 32" LCD.

_

That's a nice SG$179 :sweatsm:

Lol, it and the entertainment system came free with my 32" Samsung LCD

:thumbsup: Samsung's offer in the past two months were really good. Only problem was that my eyes could not handle the super saturated colors of the Samsung LCD, I liked it though, just that I can't watch TV on it for long periods.

_

My Singnet contract just ended and I signed up the package, just got my Sony HDTV delivered today. Like what the others have mentioned, watching SD on HDTV is a torture. Also, the quality from the digital cable box signals look horrible, even on SDTVs. The picture quality from my old analogue box on SDTV was much better, Not sure if I can use that with my HDTV. I am currently using a old DVD player, quality sux on HDTV, might be time to upgrade.

Here's a tip to those who have the Sony Bravia V series.

TURN OFF ALL THE ENHANCEMENTS TO GET THE BEST PICTURE QUALITY ON BOTH SD and DVD INPUTS (no HDTV signal so cannot verify if this also applies to HDTV).

Here are the settings on my set :-

Picture Menu
Backlight 0 or 1
Picture 80
Brightness 55
Color 38
Color Temperature Warm1
Sharpness 15
Noise Reduction Off or Low

Advanced Settings
Black Corrector Off
Contrast Enhancer Off
Gamme Off
ClearWhite Off
Colorspace Wide
MPEG Noise Reduction Off
Setup Menu
Light Sensor On
Guarantee you that before/after comparison will be like night and day. If you have any DVD discs that include the THX Optimiser setup, you can also run that to further tweak the color and sharpness settings.

Contemplating upgrading to an upscaling DVD player (or better still a Blu-Ray player .. maybe a PS3 :p) but currently enjoying re-watching my old DVDs on the Bravia .... huge improvement compared to my old Wega CRT TV.

tried upscaling Code 3 DVDs on my Bravia, did not notice any improvement in pic quality.

After i've watched High-def vids on Bravia @ 720p/1080i, i start noticing flaws on DVD pic quality on 480p :p

Thanks for the feedback guys.:thumbsup:

Yes, paying $892.50 for a Sony Bravia 32" LCD.:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.