Snapxot Outing - Kelong Photography Trip and Weekend Getaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkp77

Dear friends of CS,

Hi, I'm Francis, and I would like to organised a Kelong Photography Trip & Weekend Getaway.

If you have no plans for this coming 5th & 6th of November, heres something you can consider.

Background of Kelong:
The Kelong is situated along the East Coast of Malaysia and is thus far away from any
fault lines, earthquake zones and tsunami disasters. The Kelong itself has been around
since 1990 which is a testament to its stability and safety.

Unlike other kelongs in Batam or Kukup where the kelongs are situated along the beach,
this Kelong is situated right in the middle of the Sibu Sea. The sound of the tranquil
waves and fresh sea breeze will greet you upon arrival and you will find yourself sleeping
in the open ocean under a clear night sky with plentiful stars. This is the place to get
away from the hustle and bustle of the city and really relax!

The nearest jetty is Tanjung Leman which is just off Kota Tinggi and before Mersing. The
Kelong is about 25 minutes boat ride from the jetty.

What you can Do there??
Its a beautiful Place with beautiful people like me around, there is unlimited subjects for you to photograph. Plus there is this island hoping whereby the kelong owner will bring us to the nearby island.... its a beatiful island, with lots of macro opportunities...

Or if you are tired of photoography, like me, I will choose to do some fishing, chill out at the kelong, enjoy the seafood... yummy... and also make more new friends... (Ok, I'm joking about the photography part, I will still do, but the food is still more important to me...)

Other Activities provided by the Kelong:

Fishing - Free! (Lots of big fishes, but u need to bring ur own equipment, bring your own live bait for a greater variety of catch. Hooks wise, please be advised that you should bring “Apollo hooks” for fishing in the day. Sizes of hooks should range from size 5 onwards. For night fishing and for more experienced fishermen, normal hooks will do.)

Karaoke by the sea in a private room with a computerized system

containing 10,000 songs! - RM15 / Hour

Pool table - RM10 / Hour

Majong beside the sea and under the stars! - Free! (nite PT for those can't sleep)

Card games - Free! (Another nite PT)

Carom - Free!

Playstation - RM5 / Hour

Cable TV with a full range of channels - Free! (but no xXx)

Island Hopping / Swimming - Free! (this one is fun, must try...)

Beach soccer / Volleyball - Free!

Snorkeling - Seasonal

Canoeing - Seasonal

BBQ (One week notice required) - RM25 / Head

Boat Fishing - RM50 / Hour

Aiyo, so many things to do, I think 2 day looks like too short. kekeke....

Ok, Francis, talk so much, but How much??
2Day / 1night Stay at Kelong, including ferry transport to Kelong and back (2 way), and Land transport from Singapore to Tanjung Leman Jetty & back (2way).
Also include 4 meals (Breakfast, Seafood Lunch, Seafood Dinner, & Supper.)

Adult Rate: S$125.00 per pax. (Payment to be made upon confirmation of Seats.)
Due to the Transportation Minimum number required, we will need to have at least 10pax to go ahead with this trip.

So, go pull ur friends, buddies, girlfriend, boyfriend, father, mother, brother, sister....
And lets go to the Kelong for a weekend Getaway...

For more info, Please contact me at EMAIL: outing@snapxot.com or 962 77 469

For signing up, please sent me an email, I will update into CS for you. please include your name and contact details when emailing me.

Hope to see you there on the 5th....
Cheers,
Francis Tan

Some Photos on the Kelong...

431.jpg

552.jpg
There really got big fishes...

327.jpg

The fun begins with the ferry ride...

236.jpg

All Photos here were taken by Andrew Tan. Errr.... no, he is not picking up gals there...
Her husband is just around the corner...

392.jpg

A rare sight.... You can never get such sunset in Singapore...

Hi Francis,

Texted you. :)

Hi rebbot & MikeElliot,

Saw your email & sms...

Ok, I will have to say that I will close the registration on Wed (2/11), so that I can book the transport and inform the Kelong owner. So latest to confirm is on Wed evening.

Current Booking:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5) Reserved
6) Reserved
7) TBC
8) Empty
9) Empty
10) Empty

Cheers,
Francis Tan
EMAIL: outing@snapxot.com

tkp77 said:
Hi rebbot & MikeElliot,

Saw your email & sms...

Ok, I will have to say that I will close the registration on Wed (2/11), so that I can book the transport and inform the Kelong owner. So latest to confirm is on Wed evening.

Current Booking:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5) Reserved
6) Reserved
7) TBC
8) Empty
9) Empty
10) Empty

Cheers,
Francis Tan
EMAIL: outing@snapxot.com

Sure will confirm with you by tonight most likely. :D Can u hold 2 places for me till this evening? I will text u again. By the way, if I dun stay for the night, is it possible?

Cheers!

rebbot said:
Sure will confirm with you by tonight most likely. :D Can u hold 2 places for me till this evening? I will text u again. By the way, if I dun stay for the night, is it possible?

Cheers!

If you dun wanna stay for the night, you may need to find ur own land transport back to Singapore, cos our bus only comes into the jetty on Sunday.

Try to stay overnight... we will catch the sunrise together... Cheers,

Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
If you dun wanna stay for the night, you may need to find ur own land transport back to Singapore, cos our bus only comes into the jetty on Sunday.

Try to stay overnight... we will catch the sunrise together... Cheers,

Francis Tan.

hmmm coz my gf does not want to stay. I will confirm with you tonight. You have my number, will SMS you later this evening again. Cheers!

rebbot said:
hmmm coz my gf does not want to stay. I will confirm with you tonight. You have my number, will SMS you later this evening again. Cheers!

Ok, physco her lah... tell her how nice the sunrise is.... show her the photos Andrew taken.... hahaha....

Ok lah u SMS me tonight...

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
Ok, physco her lah... tell her how nice the sunrise is.... show her the photos Andrew taken.... hahaha....

Ok lah u SMS me tonight...

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

Thanks mate! Cheers~ :D

YO brother!

Going up again? Think i can join u this time. will call ya to arrange!

Time to booze and chill.... keke

Cheers! aus

Current Booking:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5) Reserved
6) Reserved
7) Reserved
8) Reserved
9) Reserved
10) TBC
11)Empty
12) Empty

Hi all, Seats for Kelong trip on the 5th & 6th Nov is running out fast....
I will cater the 12 seater bus instead of the 10 seaters one...

Will close and confirm all participants on Wed, or once the booking is full....
Please feel free to drop me an email: outing@snapxot.com or call me @ 9627 7469.

Cheers,
Francis Tan

Current Booking:
1) Reserved
2) Reserved
3) Reserved
4) Reserved
5) Reserved
6) Reserved
7) TBC
8) Empty
9) Empty
10) Empty
11) Empty
12) Empty

A Family of 3 pull out from this trip, so will have more seats for others to join in this round...

Cheers,
Francis Tan

I'm just a fishing kaki that fish around east coast of malaysia. I'm replying just for information to those who never go out to the east coast during this time of the year.

It should be monsoon period at the east coast during this time of the year. The sea can be very rough and more often than not strong wind and thunderstorm.

BTW have fun.

yap... c'mon people....
I can't wait to go there to fish..... and snap photos while waiting for the fishes....

Ok, I promise, I will share my catch with everyone for dinner... (but pray hard that I catch something that day...)

Cheers,
Francis Tan

Ups for u bro! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Can't join u in this trip :cry:

Dear friends,

Sorry to disappoint those registered for this kelong trip.
Due to unpredictable weather this few days, the kelong owner advice us to postpone this outing because he do not want us to be disappointed when we can get good sunrise due to overcast...

I will inform you all again on the next trip after this raining season.

Cheers,
Francis Tan

Status
Not open for further replies.