Snapshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Hi Guys! Some newbie questions?

:think: After browsing through some of the threads some of the picts some of us will classfied them as snapshots.

What type of shots are consider snapshots?

How do we know that it is a snapshots?

How we differentiate from a snapshot from non-snap shots(is that what it is call?)

Pls enlighten!

Thanks a million in advance!;)

Taking pictures as opposed to taking snapshots as opposed to photography is like speeding as opposed to street racing as opposed to pro racing?

don't flame me... only a metaphor. :sweat:

redstone said:
Taking pictures as opposed to taking snapshots as opposed to photography is like speeding as opposed to street racing as opposed to pro racing?

don't flame me... only a metaphor. :sweat:
Huh:dunno:

:think: For me snapshot is taking photo of an impromptu(pardon my spelling) moment. I.E Candid moment.

melvin said:
Hi Guys! Some newbie questions?

:think: After browsing through some of the threads some of the picts some of us will classfied them as snapshots.

What type of shots are consider snapshots?

How do we know that it is a snapshots?

How we differentiate from a snapshot from non-snap shots(is that what it is call?)

Pls enlighten!

Thanks a million in advance!;)

its like what the above poster said, a snapshot is something thats just taken, of a person, a place or anything, without any real thought going into the composition etc of the picture.. the intention is normally just to record that moment, rather than to create what i guess you could call a photograph with any artistic merit.

think about all the times you ahve gone to a friends house, and they showed you their album of photos from their most recent holiday.

and you flip and filp and flip, and theres all these pictures, but nothing really holds your interest or commands your attention. those are snapshots.

the model can pose very well but the background make it a snapshot
i think so

snapshot

hey! that's nice! let me take a picture
take out camera piont in the general direction and snap the shot
normally from the eye level position of whatever the person is doing

non snapshot

Hey that's nice, let me take a picture
take out camera, look for best point of view
check the bg for distracting elements
decide on the exposure and adjust for the desired amount
use proper camera holding technique
compose picture
focus
shoot

ortega said:
compose picture
focus
shoot

this is exactly how I take snapshot :think:

is this consider a snapshots? :dunno:

13771DSC_7090.jpg

catchlights said:

13771DSC_7090.jpg

no, this is anyhow shoot

catchlights said:

13771DSC_7090.jpg
If it's only the guy turning around,it will be a snapshot,with the girl included is a pro shot.

Anything with a girl 16 to 50yrs old will be classified as a pro shot in portrait and pose.:bsmilie:

zaxh81 said:
If it's only the guy turning around,it will be a snapshot,with the girl included is a pro shot.

Anything with a girl 16 to 50yrs old will be classified as a pro shot in portrait and pose.:bsmilie:

so this is snapshot now? since she is not even 10years old.....

DSC_3067.jpg

This are the official definition from Wikipedia. Think of snapshot as a subset of photograph. I don't much care for the definition. Just go out and shoot more.;p

Photograph

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Photograph (disambiguation).

A photograph (often shortened to photo) is an image (or a representation of that on e.g. paper) created by collecting an array of photons onto special photo-sensitive paper. The most common photographs are those created of reflected visible wavelengths, producing permanent records of what the human eye can see.
Most photographs are made with a camera, which focuses the light onto either photographic film or a CCD or CMOS image sensor. Photographs can also be made by placing objects on photosensitive paper and exposing it to light (the result is often called a photogram) or by placing objects on the platen of a flatbed scanner (see scanner art).

whereas

Snapshot

In a general sense, a snapshot is a brief glimpse of something. It also has several specific technical meanings:

blive said:

Snapshot

In a general sense, a snapshot is a brief glimpse of something. It also has several specific technical meanings:
  • A snap shot in shooting is one that is aimed and fired quickly.
  • A snapshot is a photograph that is taken in a moment of opportunity.........................

in conclusion......
I been doing snapshots all the while and asking people to pay me for doing it. :eek: :sweat:

Taurean said:
:think: For me snapshot is taking photo of an impromptu(pardon my spelling) moment. I.E Candid moment.

But candid moments isnt it call candid shots?:think:

ortega said:
snapshot

hey! that's nice! let me take a picture
take out camera piont in the general direction and snap the shot
normally from the eye level position of whatever the person is doing

non snapshot

compose picture
focus
shoot

So meaning snap shots are made without thinking? While non snapshots are throught thoughts?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.