SnapClub Flea Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinoT

Jan 1, 2006
Fellow Snappers, wont it be nice if the Club can organise regular Flee markets for fellow photography enthusiats to trade or barter or sell n buy their cameras, accessories etc? Your comments please..regards, DinoT

DinoT said:
Fellow Snappers, wont it be nice if the Club can organise regular Flee markets for fellow photography enthusiats to trade or barter or sell n buy their cameras, accessories etc? Your comments please..regards, DinoT

i dun like... cos make my stuff look so cheap... ;p

that would be nice, i want to sell my Sigma 135-400 in the CS flea market.

Terence said:
What would be fleeing from? Fleas?
The idea is for registered members and their guests to interact informally, regularly at a specific place, like a "Buy n Sell" forum life. It can grow into a regional flee market. Clubsnap can organise. They can capitalise on this . Maybe just a flee idea! :D

good idea. saves time form monitoring buy nsell sales

I mean ClubSNAP! Can suggest to ClubSNAP administration if the idea catces fire among members..rgds

since this is kopitiam, i think it would be a nice idea if we could organise one such 'flea' market and get to know each others and on top of that, we could sell those interesting stuffs which we might be wanting to sell for the longest time ever.

It would be a good idea for those MO organizers with leftover stuff. But not sure for B&S and small reseller tho. I don't want to sit around whole day to sell one lens or one $10 filter or something.

aliank said:
good idea. Can have the feel and touch of the equipment in the spot.

Will have to see whether this tread generates sufficient interest among members. Last thing is to turn it into a "Flea, Fleece n Flee" Market, a Sungei Road "Buy n Sell" forum life!. To generate further discussions, some initial thoughts as follows:-

(1) Ideally there should be a specific place, a regular time. If ClubSNAP has a clubhouse!
Any member with a house with a sizeable vacant plot?
(2) Only registered ClubSnap members and friends
(3) At least minimun of 10 member-participants to be of interest. Otherwise, all will be selling "flowers" only.
(4) New participants every session (or on queque basis)
(5) Two sessions, morning n afternoon, if more than 20 participants
(6) Each session at least half a day
(7) Responsibility solely on buyers n sellers or traders to settle business
(8) Participants to uphold enthical n courteous behaviour
(9) Is there legality involved?
(10) Speific sessions for specific brands or types of goods?

Obviously participants should list themselves for each event. Therefore a coordinator(preferably the place owner) should take charge. Here, ideally Clubsnap adminstration can get involved. Well, the future development can be interesting, unless it is stillborn.:D

The idea is very interesting... But to plan and execute this kind of function one require funds and man power to make the event a success.

My suggestion is to request a branded camera manufacturer or a distributor for camera equipment, example Ingram Micro, to be the organiser for such event. As these people will have the marketing funds and man power to do it....

Free door gift will be given during the event to attract more people from our forum to attend the event by registering with the organiser.

And those interested in the selling, they can pay a min sum like " SGD$200" to a reseller at the fair....

Bottom line, it is a win win situation for the distributor or manufacturer and the people in this forum...

Comments?

Regards!
Alan Chua

cs very poor, how to organise......:dunno:

ACMH4130 said:
The idea is very interesting... But to plan and execute this kind of function one require funds and man power to make the event a success.

My suggestion is to request a branded camera manufacturer or a distributor for camera equipment, example Ingram Micro, to be the organiser for such event. As these people will have the marketing funds and man power to do it....

Free door gift will be given during the event to attract more people from our forum to attend the event by registering with the organiser.

And those interested in the selling, they can pay a min sum like " SGD$200" to a reseller at the fair....

Bottom line, it is a win win situation for the distributor or manufacturer and the people in this forum...

Comments?

Regards!
Alan Chua

Wow! That would be really business-like. For member-participants selling filters n odds-n-ends, $200/- would be a overkill!. There again......why not! DinoT

why not just arrange a meet up at some big car park, like east coast last car park, and have a
the car boot sale(if i got it right). we can thave it like a monthly meet-up. what say u????

juz_diablo said:
why not just arrange a meet up at some big car park, like east coast last car park, and have a
the car boot sale(if i got it right). we can thave it like a monthly meet-up. what say u????

This will be like one-to-one pre-arranged sales. You need publicity and a flow of walk-in member-browers! That's for a thriving market.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.