SNAP! 2009- A Youth Photography Competition, Exhibition & Seminar

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpssnap

Mar 13, 2009
NJPS SNAP! 2009 in collaboration with Nikon

This year, the National Junior College Photographic Society (NJPS) is rolling out its inaugural photography competition (cum exhibition and seminar) – SNAP! – with the theme “Colours!”.

This event comprises a nationwide photography competition, and a follow-up seminar and exhibition for the competition participants. Through SNAP!, NJPS hopes that Singaporean youths will gain a greater interest in photography as a form of visual art, and take up photography as their hobby. The competition will also provide an excellent opportunity for budding youth photographers to display their creativity and talent in photography, while the exhibition will serve as a platform for winners to showcase their work. The seminar after the competition is aimed at inspiring participants to explore the various genres of photography, and to appreciate the different aspects of it.

SNAP! Photography Competition
· Theme: ‘Colours!’
· Submission deadline: 30 April 2009
· The competition is open to all Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) aged 13 to 21
· Prizes are as follow:
1st Prize: Nikon D80 (Kit)
2nd Prize: Nikon D60 (Kit)
3rd Prize: Nikon D40 (Kit)
6 Consolation Prizes: Nikon Coolpix S9

20 Honourable Mention Certificates
As for the School Challenge Award (SCA), the winning school will be awarded a trophy.

SNAP! Exhibition
· Exhibition period: 12 May - 6 June 2009
0800-1700 (Monday-Friday)
· Venue: Innovation & Enterprise (I&E) Hub & the passageway linking the Atrium and the I&E Hub, National Junior College

SNAP! Seminar
· Date: Saturday, 6 June, 2009
· Time: 1300-1700
· Venue: Ngee Ann Kongsi Performing Arts Theatre, National Junior College
· Topics touched on by renowned instructors and photographers in the seminar would include Flash Photography, Nature Photography, and Techniques on Enhancing Images with Photoshop.

To register for SNAP! seminar and for more information on SNAP!, visit our official website at http://njps-snap2009.org today! Should you have any inquiry, email us at njps-snap2009@njps-snap2009.org.

not sure if there's an error on the eligibility, it says 13-21 years old but born 1988 and before..i'm 1986, 23 this year, does that mean i also qualify? :bsmilie:

guess its a mistake on that part?

hi sprintist, thanks for pointing out the error. Yup it's only for Singapore citizens or PRs aged 13-21. We'll rectify it asap. Meanwhile, our seminar does not have an age limit and we welcome you to take part in that :)

hi
was just wondering, is there any fee to be paid?

Hi Grey Knight, there isn't any fee to be paid for both the registration for seminar and participation in the competition.

Hey all. The poster can be downloaded here. :)

hi
i downloaded the form
am i suppose to send in all 4 pages?

Hello Chipsnchips, send in only the first page of the entry form. i.e. the page that requires you to fill in your particulars. :)

just wondering, How will we know the results ( mail, sms, email, call ) and when will we know?
thanks!

Winners will be notified latest by next week via email and call. :)

Hi there,
just a casual question:
Will all participants be notified via email? :think:

hi, if we want to come and view the exhibition, we can walk into the school just like that? need any special visitor pass or smth?

Hi there,
just a casual question:
Will all participants be notified via email? :think:

Hello, only winners of the competition will be notified via email.

hi, if we want to come and view the exhibition, we can walk into the school just like that? need any special visitor pass or smth?

Hi. You need to email us your particulars and book a date and time with us before you're able to enter the school to view the exhibition. :D

Ok thanks, found my name on the website liao. :)

The list of winners is out on the website! Click here.

Additionally, Anderson Junior College has been crowned as champions of the inaugural SNAP! 2009 School Challenge. Congratulations to them!

Members of the organising committee will be calling the winners over the weekend to provide them with more details.

Meanwhile, stay tuned for updates on the exhibition and seminar!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.