Snake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNAKBESTSMALL.jpg

New to clubsnap.. this is my first picture i can offer.

Was at bukit timah nature reserve at around 1345hrs before i caught a glimpse of the snake... Used with my 75-300mm zoom lens with canon 1000D

Thanks for viewing!

Added: I was walking at bukit timah nature reserve and by chance, stumbled upon the little fella..

It was in a state of rush since my gf is already walking away from me.. haha.. need to catch up with her anyways.

Anyway, bros and sis, i want an honest opinion on the lightings, compositions and also the quality of the picture as a whole. The main attraction is obviously the snake, nothing else.

Last edited:
I love it! You made the snake look so subtle and harmless.
The DOF is great, i have been underestimating the 1000D all these while. Despite the overly exposed left portion of the bark, everything else is spot on :D

So... where do want critique on?
Or you don't need any?

Read.

SNAKBESTSMALL.jpg

New to clubsnap.. this is my first picture i can offer.

Was at bukit timah nature reserve at around 1345hrs before i caught a glimpse of the snake... Used with my 75-300mm zoom lens with canon 1000D

Thanks for viewing!

first thought that came to my mind was the snake saying, "oops! i am candid camera!" :bsmilie:

nice capture though.

I think its great how the photo was taken at the snake's level, and that it was looking straight at the camera.

nice...my thought was: Huh? take my pic ah? :bsmilie:

haha... the snake is damn cute with its big eyes!

crop away more of e over exposed area, and it'd be perect!

The angle makes it look like a cute little alien...haha....

Nice, timely capture. Good attempt on following the rule of thirds - I think it worked well here. As mentioned earlier, there could be a tighter crop (but I'm not really someone who believes in cropping), but the space still works here; I mean, it doesn't take much away from the image. The snake is evidently and distinctly the subject here.

If there was any minor nitpick, it's why the watermark is right next to your main subject, somewhere in the middle of the frame, when it could be either more subtle, or somewhere near the edges of frame. I assume you do that so no one can crop and rip-off your image, but there is a fine line to walk between protecting your images and adding a distracting element.

Cute pic. Really reminds me of that curious character inside the lion king movie, the musket or something. Anyway, I think you manage to capture the essence of it, the snake that is. Would have been much more interesting if it was a cobra you're looking at eye to eye hehe....but that's just me:bsmilie:

Snake looks innocent, almost cartoon. Taken at good moment, but definately will look better, cropped.

guess different pple have different views... i like it wide. :)

it uses relativity to show how small the snake is. a very interesting moment and composition.

Snake looks innocent, almost cartoon. Taken at good moment, but definately will look better, cropped.

really nice shoot, at the right moments.

Kudos to the ts, thx for sharing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.