Snake In My House!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviousdude said:
doood, i strongly suggest you do not try blocking a snake with your legs outstretched...

the snake may just see another snake and try to eat it up. :bsmilie:

Dude, you think the snake will see 2 arms and 2 legs as 4 snakes and be frightened away?

Sion said:
Dude, you think the snake will see 2 arms and 2 legs as 4 snakes and be frightened away?

His not talkin bout your arms/Boa constrictors and leg/Pythons. His refering to your King Cobra! :bsmilie:

is the snake still around? can I have it? :D

Actually, pythons in particular attack their prey by wrapping themselves around the prey, and then crushing the prey by squeezing them. The python you mentioned does not sound large enough to actually coil around a human... unless, of course, it calls for its dear mummy python to help! :eek:

When you are about to be attacked by a python, anywhere, just lie down on the ground. Once you do that, there's no way the python can wrap around you, and thus your life is safe! Unless you weigh only 10-20 kgs, then I can't help you! :bsmilie:

The police will only help catch the python if it is on public property. If the python is in your house, you've got to get it onto the public area first before it becomes a police problem. All NPCs (Neighbourhood Police Centres) are equipped with a snake-catching device. I know, because I used one before when I was with Bedok North NPC. ;)

Anyway, the police can shoot the snake if it is about to attack someone and there is no other way it can be stopped (correct me if I'm wrong here).

DIY IMPROVISED SNAKE-CATCHING DEVICE :thumbsup:

1. Get a 1m or 1.5m long (whichever length you are comfortable) PVC pipe, about one-inch diameter. The pipe preferably should not be flexible or easily broken.

2. Use some raffia string, or better still, those thick nylon cords, to form a loop at one end of the pipe, and comes out the other end.

3. Use your knot-tying skills to make the loop easy to enlarge/tighten from the opposite end. Tadaa! You now have your very own snake-catching device!

I know it works, because I used a 0.5m long tube and string to catch a baby python outside my house at Bedok Reservoir. :bsmilie:

Let's say if you have the snake safely in a sack bringing it outside your house, you should hold it and turn around clockwise twice and anti-clockwise twice and set it free.

This way it should confuse the snake about orientation and it would not ran straight back into your house. Or worse it goes and fetches its girlfriend to your home to lay eggs and starts a family.

desewer said:
DIY IMPROVISED SNAKE-CATCHING DEVICE :thumbsup:

1. Get a 1m or 1.5m long (whichever length you are comfortable) PVC pipe, about one-inch diameter. The pipe preferably should not be flexible or easily broken.

2. Use some raffia string, or better still, those thick nylon cords, to form a loop at one end of the pipe, and comes out the other end.

3. Use your knot-tying skills to make the loop easy to enlarge/tighten from the opposite end. Tadaa! You now have your very own snake-catching device!

Now we all can turn snake catchers and start to charge a fees.

....So do we need a licence?

Status
Not open for further replies.