SMSA Supersprints (26 May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blurified

'Tis more or less my first try at motorsport photography... if you don't count my candid shots of friends going all over the grass at a kart track..

Some of the better shots for the day are below, most of them are results of camera panning in very weary hands. Next time must bring at least a monopod and teleconverter!

DSC02179.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02332.jpg

DSC02336.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02428.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

Nope, no one was hurt in the entire event. Apart from my biceps, of course..

Cheers :thumbsup:

WAH!!!

EVOs, CIVICs, SWIFT GTIs, INTERGRA TYPE Rs, WRXs, eye also blur liaoz hehehe...

fully slick tyres somemore...wah if rain how??

look at the sparks coming from the disc-brakes...wonder if they do suffer brake fade?

smashed...'heart pain' manz

;)

Originally posted by ralphii82sg
WAH!!!

EVOs, CIVICs, SWIFT GTIs, INTERGRA TYPE Rs, WRXs, eye also blur liaoz hehehe...

fully slick tyres somemore...wah if rain how??

look at the sparks coming from the disc-brakes...wonder if they do suffer brake fade?

smashed...'heart pain' manz

;)

Wah, you can identify all these cars so easily? I'm a goondu when it comes to such road cars, I was frantically looking at the programme all throughout the event.

Apparently that silver Evo was the only car that was "fast enough to produce decent disc brake sparks" (quoted by friend), and they definitely do suffer from brake fade.. they were squealing like hell on the 2nd run, hence the official/ontrack photographers decided not to stand too close to its path :bsmilie:

hehehe..i used to be crazy over cars...hehehehe..i used to blaze down certain roads in speeds as high as 190km/h

hehehe, where i cannot tell u larz..but now if i feel the itch, usually at pasir gudang, off tuas checkpoint in malaysia...hmmm, in fact, i have driven some of them b4

eh,only the integra type r(mod), vw golf gti, civic si, bmw 320(mod), merc c-180*(mod), mit lancer mivec....

hehehe....eh me no uncle..jus 20 years old...so u can imagine lahz...btw, i have a licence..not illegal lahz..hahaha...and i have friends who race this kind of races, so maybe i know more..

well, sparks ahz...depends lor...wat kind of brake( xnum of calipers) and how hard u brake...but ususally, heavier cars suffer alot from brake fade..as for the types...the kind they use is fully slick(notice that they have very little or no type line/markings), same as those in f1 races...

well..abt whether they are fast in sprints...its the launching of the vehicle and the gear ratios...accerlation or top speed..either one =)

well...these cars are not easy to drive...and if if anyone of us haf these cars...u can imagine the fuel..cos these kind of cars are made to use a min amt of fuel regardless of the speed...thats why they can deliver power at the lightest of accelartion...and maintainence wise..its not cheap either

;)

eh next time can go watch these races together =P

Not a bad effort at all. The 3rd shot is the best of the lot as the car is nicely framed and showing a good attitude.

Originally posted by ralphii82sg
(blah)

Be glad that none of those who frequent clubsnap work for the TP.. 190kph is quite terror in SG liao siah! I can't wait to go for my driving test too, just (almost exactly) one more year and I'd be able to drive my dad's Nissan Cabstar around the place :D

The cars seem to have their brakes biased all the way to the front, and I noticed the Evo was the bulkiest car for the day.. most probably the cause of those spectacular sparks.
Can't really see the slick brake discs, but one thing for sure.. there're alot of holes in them. If only... glowing discs... mmm

From what I saw, the races were pretty much decided by the cars' accelerations, and how early they could put down the pedal on exiting the curve.. several exceptions go to the ballsy drivers who risked their wheel rims and went 3-wheeling for a moment.

Next SSprint to be held in SG will be around August! I'll be saving for a B-300 in the meantime, seeyer at the sprint.

Originally posted by Ian
Not a bad effort at all. The 3rd shot is the best of the lot as the car is nicely framed and showing a good attitude.

What do you mean by 'attitude'? I liked how the driver's head and arms could be seen trying to manoeuvre the U-turn, now I finally realise the importance of a polariser :)

Originally posted by blurified

now I finally realise the importance of a polariser :)

you won't have enuff time to adjust the polariser.
make a survey of the racing path, find a good spot and try your luck. :)

gosh! what happen to brian wheelock Evo4!!! hit the tree???

Originally posted by zOOm

you won't have enuff time to adjust the polariser.
make a survey of the racing path, find a good spot and try your luck. :)

gosh! what happen to brian wheelock Evo4!!! hit the tree???

Err.. his wheels locked at the U-turn and couldn't make the turn.. so he had to depend on the bus stop for brakes. Imagine driving down stadium boulevard at a leisurely pace and suddenly a Evo 4 T-bones you! :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.