SMS - "Wer r u? m hr w8ing"

joher24

Dec 30, 2009
4357170365_769aca20ce.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, lighting, overall

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Street photography, capturing natural emotions and people lifestyle

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken?
I found the scene is interesting together with the lightings so i took the shots.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I would like to know how to improve my skills, knowing that street photography is sometimes quite hard coz people are moving and once you miss it, then you miss it forever. also i want to know what is Do's and Dont's.

Thanks in advance

not a bad catch. The subject is nicely standing under the spot light. But maybe you can do a tighter crop. Remove of the distracting fore ground object on the left (remove those 2 gentleman on the left). Concentrate more on the subject. :)

maybe burn in the shadows a little more to isolate the subject?

I like the interplay here

Thanks guys appreciate all your comments,

reason why i didnt crop is i dont want to move away from my theme, like in this case street photography coz i feel cropping it out will lose the theme or will end up like a potrait shots, i should burn the shadow more to make my subject really stand out.

Thanks a lot!

My opinion is - if you crop it too tight, you will lose the passers-by around your subject.
These people give meaning to your photo.
Although conventionally it is always 'less is more', but I feel that in your case here, the surrounding adds on to the effect of your photo.
I feel that your composition is nice enough. Don't crop any more.
would second what ed says - burn the surrounding and the people (esp the lady at the lower right hand corner) so that the viewer's focus is more so upon your subject.

Don't crop so much...I need to see the passers by..haha..juz crop to make them less distracting but don't totally cut them off...

4357170365_769aca20ce.jpg

You could crop it a bit to put the subject in the third mark. Someone has already suggested deepening the shadows, and that should definitely be done to provide a better frame. If you grad out to the left you can lose one of those two front guys in shadow. Consider adding more blur to the foreground so that it's not so distracting.

It needs levelling too. Your verticals are at an angle.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate all your suggestions and tips, will work on that and let you guys see the results. good day and happy shooting to all of you :)

You can move nearer to the subject, the image would be "louder" On the other hand, good light on the subject. :D

good idea, but somehow the composition, with random oof people haphazardly placed, just doesn't quite work out.

as to how to arrange your scene when you see it, that is something which takes practice, some amount of previsualisation and conceptualisation.