SMRT returns trains

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. I am half expecting some diversionary news to be released tomorrow - perhaps reversal of parking fee increase or fixing someone else?

It signify the pathetic state we are in :bsmilie:

At least someone stands up to say unacceptable I suppose...:dunno:

It takes foreigners to speak up for us.

Our own government has a lowly opinion of its own citizens.

Maybe they do so because they get treated like this also??? So they help little brother if they can...admirable.

I read article again...SMRT engineers called it out...HK did the leg work...Kawasaki just slow playing...First World Order bullcrap is what it is...get ready more coming our way!

Last edited:
First of all, is this a material information that requires disclosure by SGX? If it isn't, then there is no case. Please check the listing rules.

HK media exposed it because they know that it can create sensational news in Singapore.

LTA wanted to buy new trains. They went to China to source mistaking they are cheaper there. They found one & asked the manufacturer, 'What happens if the trains are faulty?'

The manufacturer quietly pointed to the only English sign board in the factory that reads:

"GUARANTEE NO SPOIL"

Feeling assured, they bought the trains. Now the trains give problems. LTA quickly asked for a refund or an exchange.

When the manufacturer refused to give either, LTA pointed to the sign board assuring a guarantee.

The manufacturer replied philosophically, "Brother, you are in China. And for 5,000 years, we read from right to left."

LTA wanted to buy new trains. They went to China to source mistaking they are cheaper there. They found one & asked the manufacturer, 'What happens if the trains are faulty?'

The manufacturer quietly pointed to the only English sign board in the factory that reads:

"GUARANTEE NO SPOIL"

Feeling assured, they bought the trains. Now the trains give problems. LTA quickly asked for a refund or an exchange.

When the manufacturer refused to give either, LTA pointed to the sign board assuring a guarantee.

The manufacturer replied philosophically, "Brother, you are in China. And for 5,000 years, we read from right to left."

Good one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
70% voted for this government so they have the support of the majority whatever they do, or don't do.

70% voted for this government so they have the support of the majority whatever they do, or don't do.

You are playing the same old broken record again and again.

Come to America or maybe England where the vote is 50/50 no clear mandate and politicians do whatever the heck they want and nothing gets done. Haha

Interestingly enough today in Pennsylvania train goers were p!ssed...it seems the rail line had to pull a bunch of trains...cracks or something like that...things that make you go hummm...

Last edited:

Please be reasonable. Nothing is perfect!

It is lucky it is detected.

Last edited:
Please be reasonable. Nothing is perfect! It is lucky it is detected.

First part ok. Best camera companies also got defective products that slipped through QC.

It's the "I don't owe you any reporting nor will I tell you anything till the free press of another country pichar our lobang" that irks me.

Looking at the share price of SMRT, the shareholders aren't concerned about this news.

Based on 2016 annual report of SMRT, the largest shareholder is Temasek who owned 54.10% of SMRT.

That explains why the shareholders are not concerned....