SMRT plans fare hikes for bus, MRT, LRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstar19

May 24, 2006
Singapore
www.buythings.com.sg
"SMRT plans fare hikes for bus, MRT, LRT
The transport company says it will apply for a fare adjustment by August 1; fares will rise by one or two cents, if approved."

expected.

an increment is not really significant, but it is an increase after all.

just 1c increase with a daily commuters of a few millions will be a cash winfall for the company.

:think:

it would only be news if there is no increase. every one would have expected this few months ago.

redstar19 said:
The transport company says it will apply for a fare adjustment by August 1; fares will rise by one or two cents, if approved."

expected.

just 1c increase with a daily commuters of a few millions will be a cash winfall for the company.

Yap, small increment is not really significant to those working people. How about those old retired people or jobless people.

JL1500k said:
Yap, small increment is not really significant to those working people. How about those old retired people or jobless people.

that's what their Progress package is for ;)

expect the other one to follow too but would they, after the breakdown yesterday?
what excuse will they give? :bsmilie:

heh. if anyone i know who voted *** and they start complaining about this, confirm i laugh loud loud in their face.

Canew said:
But that was on the SBS Transit line mah.
This is SMRT applying to raise their fares.
you meant SBS won't ask for increase??:bigeyes:

read my post carefully leh..:)

jdredd said:
heh. if anyone i know who voted *** and they start complaining about this, confirm i laugh loud loud in their face.

complain because of 1 to 2c???:bsmilie: save this time and made more $

Slowly will increase u won't even know.

Lenscapes said:
expect the other one to follow too but would they, after the breakdown yesterday?
what excuse will they give? :bsmilie:

Maintenance cost increasing over the years, price review so as to provide better service and more comfort for the commuters.

It's a thrend ma, after election, quickly increase all the prices in the one year. After the next election in 5 years, nobody remembers it...ho-hum, vicious cycle of life.

Here's something to poke at, feel free to add::bsmilie:

1. Let's strive hard to be the man in white.
2. Good guys wear white.
3. The grass is whiter on the other side

redstar19 said:
complain because of 1 to 2c???:bsmilie: save this time and made more $

heh this is singapore. i bet my entire camera collection, sure got people complain one. and definitely will be some of those that complain voted for you know who.

redstar19 said:
Maintenance cost increasing over the years, price review so as to provide better service and more comfort for the commuters.

Well, if by increasing 1 cent and i do not have to wait 4 mins during peak hours, and 10min during off peak, i would like to think that it is a pretty good trade off ;p

Our P@Ppy fathers always say ... it is better to have incremental increases year after year rather than a big big increase so that the bus/taxi/train companies can enjoy their profits sooner. Thrust them for their advice ... they have our intere$t at hearts.

redstar19 said:

expected.

"SMRT President and CEO Saw Phaik Hwa says that its proposed fare hike will not be sufficient to mitigate rising diesel costs.-CNA"

so the hike is justified? it's to help with the rising diesel costs!

Nisa said:
that's what their Progress package is for ;)

they have given u a chicken drumstick, now its time they want a whole
chicken back from u :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.