Smrt again

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
This morning, traveling towards town, witnessed a very unpleasant scene at doby ghaut interchange at 9.41am. The platform were quite crowded and passenger were alighting orderly, by the time those outside passenger boarding the train, the doors were shut without any warning and buzzer, that left many passengers stunt and family group separated.

I feel this is unacceptable and dangerous, these are unmanned machine, there were no usual warning buzzer(I doubt they are effective even If there is), people have not cleared the yellow line and the train definitely have not stationed for too long, after the fair hike and this is what the train operator return us, what is the protocol before the operator is allowed to issue the shut door button? Who is responsible if a small kid or infant is trapped in between?there is no second chance once the door is shut other than catching the next train 4-5mins later to meet at the downstream, very very poor service and dangerous service in my opinion.

think the price increase must be 100% so that smrt can build better systems....... shall write to them abt this.

I have seen a young girls bag get caught between the doors. Luckily she managed to slip free of her bag in time.
I wanted to slam the emergency button, but they seem to be 'not obviously in sight'.

Nothing short of a 1 day weekend boycott of their service will make them sit up and take notice.

Last edited:
think the price increase must be 100% so that smrt can build better systems....... shall write to them abt this.
100%?? no, think they will increase many folds before we even see improvement. they already declared their's is World-Class..

dont even think of PTC, another useless council...

Every MRT station should have a station master.

No door will be opened or closed without him pushing the button.

You cannot replaced human eyes with a robotic door with 7-point sensor or 180 degree camera.

One day technology will fail and robots will take over the world.

Yeah, cause they need to think up of a 'SMaRT' system that costs a lot of money and is 'uniquely Singapore'