Smooth skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Hi, can any pros here share how to smoothen out the skin to make it flawless for portraits and posed photos? Thanks:)

Chris Lim said:
Hi, can any pros here share how to smoothen out the skin to make it flawless for portraits and posed photos? Thanks:)

haha you are asking the same question as me on the other thread.... I guess some of our pictures face the same problem;)

use photoshop

use clone stamp

use healing brush/ patch

use clone stamp

use history brush (option)

5 mins for the skin to turn smooth, 10 mins to be as smooth as a rubber doll...

thanks guys.

Before all of that actually happens............get a good make-up artist. Why trouble yourself when you can ask someone else solve your problems. Unless of course the models face is on the rough side, then bo pian.

Pro Image said:
Before all of that actually happens............get a good make-up artist. Why trouble yourself when you can ask someone else solve your problems. Unless of course the models face is on the rough side, then bo pian.

actually i find it 2 different case.. of course good mua helps to make the subject looks good but most of the time DI is unevitable.. (or at least for my cases)

Pro Image said:

:bsmilie: true true... good make artist can solve ur problem...

DT_ said:
actually i find it 2 different case.. of course good mua helps to make the subject looks good but most of the time DI is unevitable.. (or at least for my cases)

Trust me, a pro MUA can do wonders. It really depends on how experience they are.

It maybe 2 different case but why even step into "ZONE DI" when "ZONE MUA" can help you solve most of the problems. Plus your lighting skills have to be good too.

It all works hand in hand.

And I believe Mr Pro has bunch of good MUA if you need one.

Am I right, Mr Pro? Long time no see... :)

sumball said:
And I believe Mr Pro has bunch of good MUA if you need one.

Am I right, Mr Pro? Long time no see... :)

Haha.....aiya......only a dozen MUAs to play around with.:bsmilie:

Pro Image said:
Trust me, a pro MUA can do wonders. It really depends on how experience they are.

It maybe 2 different case but why even step into "ZONE DI" when "ZONE MUA" can help you solve most of the problems. Plus your lighting skills have to be good too.

It all works hand in hand.

well course good mua, good light equal better picture.. yes, even the brand for strobe (etc.. broncolor) or good lens helps.. but put it in this way.. can bridal photography simply goes without DI before delivering (although it can be minimise)..

DT_ said:
well course good mua, good light equal better picture.. yes, even the brand for strobe (etc.. broncolor) or good lens helps.. but put it in this way.. can bridal photography simply goes without DI before delivering (although it can be minimise)..

Bridal photography has always produce beautiful skin texture due to own naturally consistent MUAs which they hired them full time. Normally it is minimized rather than smoothen the whole face.

No you don't need a Broncolor to produce good results. Any lighting brands can produce good decent results. Broncolor just happen to be more consistent and reliable.

I believe 50mm f1.8 (cost $170-180) can produce great results taking in consideration the original poster is new to photography.

What I am trying to say here is, MUA is the first foremost important to minimise it. Second, is lighting will help a lot to minimize more. So when it comes to DI, you may not need to do much or not at all. We rely on DI only if the MUAs have done their best and we have done our best in lighting up the subject. If we can spend less time sitting and clicking our lives away in front of the screen, would that put us in a less stressful enviroment.

Not that I don't use PS but I do. I use it minimally. So tired if you need to do all this touch up(yes you can hire a DI person) but it's additional cost.

DT_ said:
use photoshop

use clone stamp

use healing brush/ patch

use clone stamp

use history brush (option)

5 mins for the skin to turn smooth, 10 mins to be as smooth as a rubber doll...

Can it be batch processed? :) Asking for the sky!

get a nikon 70-200vr... u will get sharp image with a perfect blend of the smoothness of the skin :thumbsup:

This provided your subject (model or the bride) has a good skin.

I don't think one will use 70-200 all the way for a model shoot. You will be standing mile away to shoot a full body shot. ;p

either get MUA, get DI artist, or do DI yourself...take you pick...

personally, skin usually not that big a prob...hair I find is a bigger problem...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.