Smooth skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkForce

May 1, 2004
newbie land
Was testing with this software http://www.mediachance.com/digicam/cleanskin.htm

Just want to share with those who are interested in it.

Following are my test result. Photoshop was use for touching up some small patches on face.

Before

before.jpg

After

after.jpg

Edited 9:13pm

Or is the third one better ?

after2.jpg

thanks darkforce for sharing.....

just like to ask: which one to download to use with CS2?

thanks

interesting man, thanks for sharing e link. :)

I noticed that using the Smooth Skin software (the standalone version), some details (such as patterns) on the clothings/dress will be removed as well.

I find that the final result may become too soft. Also, color saturation drops as well.

By the way, what is this "enhance pink color" and "double clean" thing. These 2 boxes are checked by default. Should we uncheck them or what?

I do agree that it does gets the job done quickly for someone who is not an expert in retouching works.

May I ask what is the most recommended auto software for portraiture retouching? Including those that are not free.

Thanks.

Hi erictan8888,

I afraid the PS version has to pay one.

Hi Drudkh,

"some details (such as patterns) on the clothings/dress will be removed as well"
Agreed. Software is not yet as intelligence as human yet :)

Hi Digi-Learner,

"May I ask what is the most recommended auto software for portraiture retouching? Including those that are not free."

I personally feel that the best software is still Photoshop where we can have more control.

Try Kodak Digital GEM Airbrush Professional. It's not free, but has a few controls whereby you can vary the amount and intensity of skin smoothing. It also reduces the contrast a little, but there are 3 choices you can make here as well. While the software has an uncanny ability to work mostly on the skin areas, there may be some reduction of fine details in clothings etc. Here's a sample pix:

Original Pix:
3374-before-airbrush.jpg

Pix after applying Airbrush Professional in default mode (which I find is a bit strong). No other retouching.
3374-after-airbrush.jpg

Normally I apply the airbrushing only lightly to give it a natural look after doing the necessary work with healing brush etc.

may i ask how to download the program and is it a trail version? can i buy it @ SLS? tks

compro_1975 said:
may i ask how to download the program and is it a trail version? can i buy it @ SLS? tks

Go to the Kodak Professional website http://www.asf.com/products/plugins/airpro/pluginAIRPRO.asp

You can download the trial version, but I think it superimpose a Kodak watermark on it if you make a print out. You can buy it only from the website as a software download and pay via credit card. Cost S$183.

By the way, the software is a plugin and not a standalone application. Works with Photoshop, Elements and JASC.

Joining in the fun...

face-retouch.jpg

5 mins job in PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.