Smoke Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

asturias105

Dec 18, 2004
photobloglww.orgfree.com
Hi, was trying something out something new after seeing how beautiful smoke can turn out in pictures.

tn_1.jpg

tn_2.jpg

tn_3.jpg

and mixing them together :p
tn_4.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Simply, very nice done. :thumbsup:

Cool shots.
Esp #1
I like the colours and the shape/form of the smoke.
Good work!

I guess that for the first 3 photos you shot one smoke, then use PS to flip over and double layers to create the effect. They look too symmertrical to be natural.

Nice concept and well done!

Thanks for your comments, guys :)

I used burn incense stick to get the smoke. To capture the smoke form, just use a black non-reflective backdrop and backlit the smoke.

The original smoke images were white and grey in colour, so I did some ps and change the colours to more interesting ones. Duc was right, to make the smoke look more appealing, I did layering using two identical smoke images to make them look symmetrical. :p

Hope u guys like it!

Pai seh ... I'm new to all these terms ... what do you mean by backlit ? just shine that "torch" at the smoke only right ? please enlighten me ... :embrass:

estronutz said:
Pai seh ... I'm new to all these terms ... what do you mean by backlit ? just shine that "torch" at the smoke only right ? please enlighten me ... :embrass:

Hi there. :)
Backlit the smoke means u light the smoke from behind.. so, if u're setting the equipment up, the backdrop should come first, followed by the light from torch, then the smoke, and finally ur camera. Hope it's clear enough!

pardon me ... how did u make the background black and still get light from torch ? sorry .. i'm still confused .. :dunno:

why not post a picture of the setup ? haha... so everyone can experiment ?? ;)

:thumbsup: nicely done.. i like the effects...

Thanks princess and Glenn :)

Too bad I didn't take a pic of my set up last time. I tried to draw it out using paint. Hope u guys can figure it out!!

untitled.jpg

U can substitute the torch with slave flash, and u can sidelit it if backlit doesn't produce effective results. ;)

asturias105 said:
Thanks princess and Glenn :)

Too bad I didn't take a pic of my set up last time. I tried to draw it out using paint. Hope u guys can figure it out!!

untitled.jpg

U can substitute the torch with slave flash, and u can sidelit it if backlit doesn't produce effective results. ;)

lol...nice one. ;)

OooOOOOo.... good illustration... noted down.. ;)

so i can dun use a flash unit and use the torch light and use long shutter speed ?? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.