Smoke during fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond10

Dec 27, 2005
East
Hi,

When I take fireworks, the exposure is long, like 3-8sec. So when there is smoke from the fireworks, the light from the fireworks gets reflected off the smoke and the picture does not turn out too good.

Can't get rid of the smoke so anyway else to solve this problem? Photoshop? If Photoshop, how to do it?

The only way I know to solve this is to ask the organisers to only have fireworks displays on windy days and then keep your exposures at the short end, i.e. around 3-5 sec.

I'm already on 3 secs exposure. Sigh. Oh well. At the start, the pics not that great because estimation abit off. So framing not so accurate and got to recompose. Then can capture a few good shots for a few moments. Then the smoke comes in. Walau.

raymond10 said:
I'm already on 3 secs exposure. Sigh. Oh well. At the start, the pics not that great because estimation abit off. So framing not so accurate and got to recompose. Then can capture a few good shots for a few moments. Then the smoke comes in. Walau.

it's normal. so usually the ending firewords display cannot be shot already cause too smokey unless there is alot of wind.

Ok, thanks for the advice and comments. Was wondering if its only my problem.

Smoke during firework is normal,after 1 min + from the first fireworks that is been launch off you'll have smoke..If you want to have a less smoke photo take to get everything settle during the 1 min or so,after that the whole sky will have smoke.....its more of a question of how much smoke only..

Cannot be avoided. The best is try to get your shots during the first 30-60s of the fireworks. After that, there'll be a lot of smoke.

Another way is to adjust the contrast in PS.

Hmmm...adjusting the contrast in PS. I try later.

As I heard once...since e smoke in spore doesnt clear fast enough...juz get ur first few shots...then juz sit back and enjoy the show :)

ya.. it's quite irritating, if bopian, burn it away in ps....

firework in singapore is like that...they like to fire everything as quickly as possible, everything is like a mess...no time for the smoke to clear also.

for me, i will find out the wind direction, and try to shoot from the direction where the wind come from.

Well, normally.. de 1st few shots will be de best.. so, u have to prepare urself well to capture it, aft dat, u can stop shooting n starts watching it.. enjoy de Fireworks, dun stress urself ya.. Cheers!

only 3-5 secs? i do my fireworks shoots 8-20 secs. Just hope the wind is not blowing to your position.

8 secs is my longest. But that is only for the starting. Once after 30 or 60 secs, I push down to 3 secs. Too much smoke liao.

Smoke - it's really nothing you as a photographer can do to get rid of it. However, exposure time really depends on you, since some may like to use the "black card" technique to expose several bursts all onto one frame.

zhang3feng said:
can i ask wat's the aperture commonly use to shoot fire works at 3sec or more?:think:

you can use F11 or F16.

i gg to retry it tml
shoot them during CNY eve .. CMI :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.