SMC P-DA* 60-250mm F4 ED(IF) SDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Loke

Aug 26, 2004
Guilin
Hello Pentaxians,

I am tempting to buy the DA* 60-250mm, but could not find review about it.

Does anyone have any advice on this lens or compatible make?

I am using the K20D.

Thanks.

Hello Pentaxians,

I am tempting to buy the DA* 60-250mm, but could not find review about it.

Does anyone have any advice on this lens or compatible make?

I am using the K20D.

Thanks.

its coming
i saw dpreview
looks like its announced at photokina

still waiting for some samples to appear... hopefully its good enough to convince mi, else unless i strike toto, else still no zoom lens for mi :(

Well, there are still some good zoom lenses, FA*28-70/2.8, FA*80-200/2.8, FA*250-600/5.6 ...

Actually, now that you mention it, what price range does the FA*80-200/2.8 fall under?

Actually, now that you mention it, what price range does the FA*80-200/2.8 fall under?

Depends on condition, priced between 2k to 3k SGD. A mint condition copy can easily cost around $2500SGD :)

The FA*2870 is around 1.6 to 2k ...

Dun have an immediate need to get 28-70 range...
More keen to look at the 7/80-2/300 range...
Let's see how things goes first...
There's still the K20D to upgrade to, the MacBook I've been eyeing since last year, that HTC Touch Pro that was just launched which I need to replace my phone that keeps hanging, a bigger dry cabinet, the list goes on.... :(

here's a pic of the real thing on K20D.

DSC_0726.jpg

pic from dpreview, photokina 2008

I always wondered ..
whats the knob on the lens for?

I always wondered ..
whats the knob on the lens for?

What knob? You refering the round knob? It is on the lens tripod collar for tightening and loosening the tripod collar so that you can tilt the camera.

Well, there are still some good zoom lenses, FA*28-70/2.8, FA*80-200/2.8, FA*250-600/5.6 ...

Is FA* for film SLR?

Since the DA* 60-250mm F4 will be availbale by year end, I have to settle with my FA 28-200mm F3.8 when I go to the F1 this Sunday.

I bought the walk about-ticket and my bro gave me a grand stand seat opposite the floating platform. Hope I am not too far away to catch the action.

What knob? You refering the round knob? It is on the lens tripod collar for tightening and loosening the tripod collar so that you can tilt the camera.

tripod collar?
so the tripod is attatched to the lens? :confused:

tripod collar?
so the tripod is attatched to the lens? :confused:

why not...its simple physics and more practical... lens heavier than the camera, if tripod mount on the camera, the camera will bear the entire weight of the heavy lens, the stress on the camera mount will be great... mount the tripod on the lens, the camera mount oni has to bear its on weight... simple :)

why not...its simple physics and more practical... lens heavier than the camera, if tripod mount on the camera, the camera will bear the entire weight of the heavy lens, the stress on the camera mount will be great... mount the tripod on the lens, the camera mount oni has to bear its on weight... simple :)

It's just base physics of Equilibrium.

ahhh
true ..make sense :D
thanks for clearing that up guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.