Smart phone cam beats Canon 5D3

The title says "ONEPLUS ONE GOES AGAINST CANON 5D MARK III, DOES SURPRISINGLY WELL".

It doesn't say it "beats" 5Dmk3... And as a senior member in the forum I guess you understand why.

Sorry but can't help that it feels like a troll bait to me :)

The title says "ONEPLUS ONE GOES AGAINST CANON 5D MARK III, DOES SURPRISINGLY WELL". It doesn't say it "beats" 5Dmk3... And as a senior member in the forum I guess you understand why. Sorry but can't help that it feels like a troll bait to me :)
Considering the price and size difference I would say the use of the word "beat" is not an exaggeration.

In any case I feel it is inevitable that the phone cam will get to be just as good as some DSLR. So it's about the future of photography.

Last edited:
Considering the price and size difference I would say the use of the word "beat" is not an exaggeration.

Ah.. you should have stated that earlier :) Because some people might see it from different point of view (for example, low light performance or dynamic range)

In any case I feel it is inevitable that the phone cam will get to be just as good as some DSLR. So it's about the future of photography.

I agree, at least sensor wise..

hehe it can definitely "beat" the 5D3 in good light for details. 4K vs 1080p is no joke. But for lowlight work and if you need good DOF control to isolate your subject, the phone will definitely be the loser hehe...

actually honestly, the 5D3 video out of the box is not that good (excluding the magic lantern hacks)... the GH3, GH4, A7S all can beat the 5D3 in video easily.... it is the still imaging aspect that the 5D3 will still be competitive in

The results were stunning – intricate 4K video testing proved the Chinese smartphone can, in fact, beat the Canon 5D Mark III

The other day I was posting that my son's handphone can beat the Canon S120. But this brings the challenge to Canon at an even higher level.

aiyoyo ,canon users very emo one....don't provoke them lar...

More of an issue of insecurity...........

Only insecure ppl are emo......

Most of the time when I told other that I do have a dslr, first word either nikon or canon. I told them that I using Sony, they seems not interested. Nvm, it's ok for me. Every one got their own taste. :D

They should ask you:

Sony makes camera meh?

:bsmilie:

I will reply, not only Sony makes camera, they make better ones

I thought Pentax makes the best cameras? :think:

Best camera maker: Panasonic. :bsmilie:

18mkqiy7q9ucdjpg.jpg

Last edited:
I use Sony cause when I want to get nikon f80, the uncle over priced even the newspaper shows a lower price. Then I goes into minolta, my aunt also using that brand but I didn't ask for her lenses. Then the rest are history, ha ha!

Best camera maker: Panansonic. :bsmilie:

18mkqiy7q9ucdjpg.jpg

I did not know Panasonic is so good. :thumbsup: But they promoting rice cookers or cameras? :dunno:

$dam26.jpg

The title says "ONEPLUS ONE GOES AGAINST CANON 5D MARK III, DOES SURPRISINGLY WELL".

It doesn't say it "beats" 5Dmk3... And as a senior member in the forum I guess you understand why.

Sorry but can't help that it feels like a troll bait to me :)

haha ya UncleFai can be a real shxt stirrer at times lol

I thought Pentax makes the best cameras? :think:

Agree. I didn't say Sony make the BEST camera, only BETTER cameras than other brands