Smallest sized dry cabinate

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaru

Sep 5, 2009
Hi
I wanted to buy a small dry cabinet. Yesterday I went to Alan Photo and checked the 30L cabinet. I tried that and it seemed kind of heavy and big to me. I am going to move out of Singapore march next year and if I want to carry it along with me (and I want to do so) then it will be difficult. So, it there any smaller dry cabinet in the market like 15L or 20L. Thanks:D

If it's just for a couple of months, use a air tight container with selica gel. When you're ready to leave S'pore, just dump the container.

If it's just for a couple of months, use a air tight container with selica gel. When you're ready to leave S'pore, just dump the container.

Yup. Get a cheapo plastic dry box instead. Some come with a RH meter on the outside too. And it is small enough for you to put it in your luggage if you do want to take it with you for what ever reason in the future.

Hi all

Thanks a lot for your constructive suggestions. I decided to buy the Digi Box. It is light and takes less space. Hey it is the greatest active forum that I have ever seen !! Cool..

Anyone know how much is the Digi Box? And where can I buy it? Thanks in advance.

You can get the Digi Cabi at Alan Photo at Sim Lim Square. I bough the 30L one last week and it cost me 118.:D

Eventually I I bought the Digi Cabi not the box. It looks great!

Hi
I wanted to buy a small dry cabinet. Yesterday I went to Alan Photo and checked the 30L cabinet. I tried that and it seemed kind of heavy and big to me. I am going to move out of Singapore march next year and if I want to carry it along with me (and I want to do so) then it will be difficult. So, it there any smaller dry cabinet in the market like 15L or 20L. Thanks:D

If you're on a budget, u can get a simple drybox ranging from 15- 30L for a fraction of a dry cabinet price. yr regular investments would be dry hippos or its 3rd party equivalent: which costs about 70- 90 cents for a box (can sip up to 400ml moisture) U can get them at the cheapo $1 shops around neighbourhood shops- one box can last u half year in normal usage.

Benefits:
Cheap, Mobile, Save electricity, and stuff stays REALLY dry.

Cons:
not much, except u gotta keep replacing the dessicants every 6 mths.

I've got both dry cabinet and dry box- trying to get rid of the cabinet as I've got too many electrical equipment in the room- not healthy...

Hi
depends on which country you are going, it might make no sense to relocate the dry cabinet to a country using 110V power, and no service available.

for short term, you can consider using a dry box, and get a dry cabinet when you settle down in oversea.

or get a popular size and brand dry cabinet, sell it off here and and get a another dry cabinet when you settle down in oversea.

I've got both dry cabinet and dry box- trying to get rid of the cabinet as I've got too many electrical equipment in the room- not healthy...

Can I cyber-beg for a free dry cabinet? :p

use a dry box.

which country are you going to? if the humidity levels aren't even high, you're wasting your time.

If you're on a budget, u can get a simple drybox ranging from 15- 30L for a fraction of a dry cabinet price. yr regular investments would be dry hippos or its 3rd party equivalent: which costs about 70- 90 cents for a box (can sip up to 400ml moisture) U can get them at the cheapo $1 shops around neighbourhood shops- one box can last u half year in normal usage.

Benefits:
Cheap, Mobile, Save electricity, and stuff stays REALLY dry.

Cons:
not much, except u gotta keep replacing the dessicants every 6 mths.

:thumbsup:

Its a good idea but not a long term solution. I use it with a tupper ware box and works so far

If you need a small dry cabinet, why not look at the dry box?
It costs only a mere $30-$40.. :dunno:

I read from some threads that the dry box with desiccant can go well below the 40% RH, which (in the long term?) might cause damage to the rubber or plastic parts.

Paying $70-$80 more than the dry box for a peace of mind might be better to some?

get a dry box with the RH meter....
I got mine @ $29 bucks.....can see the RH% on the outside of the box...no prob...except must regularly check the silica gel change to pink liao or not....one whole bottle of gel cost $4 nia.....cheap cheap lah...can use for very long until u have to bake the whole bottle again...

Last edited:
get a dry box with the RH meter....
I got mine @ $29 bucks.....can see the RH% on the outside of the box...no prob...except must regularly check the silica gel change to pink liao or not....one whole bottle of gel cost $4 nia.....cheap cheap lah...can use for very long until u have to bake the whole bottle again...

Where did you buy yours from? Wanna check it out. :)

But what if the RH does fall too low? Open the box and close it?

hi all,

I got a dry box with RH meter but what is the suitable, default or "best" RH level?

The gel hasn't turn pink but the RH level is around 70%, so I need "hungry hippo"?
Please shed some light...

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.