Smallest aperture of a zoom lens at each focal length?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Is it possible to read the smallest F number of a zoom lens from the specification sheet?
I mean for the lens with varying largest aperture. :confused:

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
dRebelXT said:
Is it possible to read the smallest F number of a zoom lens from the specification sheet?
When you buy a new lens sure have put max n min apertures mah. Sometimes you've to try it out. Once i was able to achieve a minimum of f/38 on my tamron lens! :)

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
dRebelXT said:

Usually at the two extreme focal lengths of the zoom. In between, I don't think it's stated. You have to find that out yourself.

Maltese

Mar 21, 2005
Singapore
eh? have mah - u check the system chart in Canon EOS website, they will list out all the specs from their list of lens. Usually the prime lenses will have bigger min aperture. Alternatively try it on a cam is the fastest way to go.

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Maltese said:
eh? have mah - u check the system chart in Canon EOS website, they will list out all the specs from their list of lens. Usually the prime lenses will have bigger min aperture. Alternatively try it on a cam is the fastest way to go.
Not necessary...Canon's prime lens have a minimum aperture range between f/1.0 and f/5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom