Small-ish filter sizes (i.e 48mm? )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
52mm filters are pretty much ubiquitous in the shops here,
but is it easy to find smaller filter sizes in the shops @ SLS?

say...a 48mm ND filter? :)

Pardon the newb qns, lol

Why not using a bigger size plus step-up ring? I have seen smaller filters in the shops around 2nd level in SLS. But who wants to go there anyway? Try OP at 6th floor, the guys might be able to order for you.

what lens you have use 48mm filter size?

if can't find the filter, it will be even harder to find a step up ring....

you may need to order from oversea.

Some of the old time shops that are closing/going to close down better chance of finding.

There was one photo shop in Peninsula that closed down not too long ago - they had an astounding assortment of odd sized filters, step-rings and even had many extremely rare Vivitar bayonet series filters and adapters as well as smallish Leica type filter sizes and mounts.

Look around the photo shops that have been around a long long time and your chances are higher.

Other than that, your best bet is ebay.

It seems some overseas online stores carry 48mm ND filters.

48mm CPLs should be an easier task since a number of longer or fast expensive teles use the 48mm drop in filters.

Ryan

Why not using a bigger size plus step-up ring? I have seen smaller filters in the shops around 2nd level in SLS. But who wants to go there anyway? Try OP at 6th floor, the guys might be able to order for you.

Yea, that's an option too!

The question is, can i find a 48-52mm step up ring? :bsmilie:

Edit: yea, like what catchlight said.

and yea, thanks for the advice, Dream Merchant and giantcanopy :) I guess i'll just have to scour SLS and peninsula then :sticktong

Try Seng Cheong

#04-01
ICB Interprise House
Middle Road

They are the Hoya distributors in sg. They may have what u want.

Hope this helps.

Some of the old time shops that are closing/going to close down better chance of finding.

There was one photo shop in Peninsula that closed down not too long ago - they had an astounding assortment of odd sized filters, step-rings and even had many extremely rare Vivitar bayonet series filters and adapters as well as smallish Leica type filter sizes and mounts.

Look around the photo shops that have been around a long long time and your chances are higher.

Other than that, your best bet is ebay.

Anymore of those closing down shop to shop? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.