Small in comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

andante

Jun 6, 2007
P1040334a-1.jpg

Hello, this shot was taken along the walking trail along Alexandra Arch. I wish to be critiqued on my composition and the exposure of this picture.

I want to bring out the effect that the person in the picture is very small compared to the trees in the background. Did I acheive that?
Would the shot have been better if I had zoomed out further more ?

This is the settings used on my camera
Panasonic Fz8
Shutter speed: 1/30 sec
F number: f4.5
Focal Length: 38.3mm
ISO: 160

Thank you in advance

Great shot!
Could be better if you had the crown / top on the trees and crop away the bottom part of the walkway; just leave the railings.

seriously, the guy still looks too bad for the picture to be dramatic enough to match your title.

i would zoom out, go horizontal, put the guy on the right side of the frame.

then, monochrome the picture to dramatize it.

I would have gotten the guy off there and demolished that platform to get a picture only of the trees :confused:

The trees are simply amazing... though overly saturated giving it an unnatural look, it looks great nonetheless to me.

think zooming out more would be better. capturing the top of the tree with the man at the bottom might be better if its the comparison between the height of the man and the trees you want. :)

wow it reminds me of a movie set , with a colourfully painted background behind the actor .. awesome image!

I think it might look more impressive if taken with an ultrawide or wide angle on the platform itself with a small child looking up at the trees. Interesting idea, but the platform blocking part of the person, as well as this particular person's pose, detracts from what you're trying to show. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.