Small grey dot on my LX-3 pictures

doranlum

Sep 22, 2008
hi all, I notice throughout my Vietnam pictures, most of the day pictures have small grey dot on it. I have try to clean the LX3 camera lens with the lens-pen but it's still there. I think it could be inside the lens which is dirty ?

Should I go back Panasonic or any camera shops would be able to settle it ?

P1130770_zps1ec06ef9.jpg

It's the sensor most likely. Yep best is send to Panasonic for cleaning.

its a LX3..old model...think before heading down..might not worth it after all.

If within warranty, can bring down.

If out of warranty, and if you are gangho enough, buy those sensor cleaning kit and clean yourself? Check out Cathay Photo. They sell those professional cleaning kit.

thanks a lot everyone.. yes it's out of warranty and I'm sure the price to be quote by Panasonic is going to make me think twice about letting them clean or buy a new camera.

I will explore the sensor cleaning kit and do some research on that.

Oops. Just realised that you are asking about a LX3 which is a fixed zoom lens which cannot be detached.

Don't think you can clean the sensor yourself. Sorry for the wrong advice.

You may need to bring down to service centre to get a quote and decide whether to clean or buy another camera.

thanks a lot everyone.. yes it's out of warranty and I'm sure the price to be quote by Panasonic is going to make me think twice about letting them clean or buy a new camera.

I will explore the sensor cleaning kit and do some research on that.

Wow. Good finding!

If i have a LX3, i would rather save up and buy a LX7 though.

hi all, I notice throughout my Vietnam pictures, most of the day pictures have small grey dot on it. I have try to clean the LX3 camera lens with the lens-pen but it's still there. I think it could be inside the lens which is dirty ?

Should I go back Panasonic or any camera shops would be able to settle it ?

I was also in Vietnam years back when I dropped my camera during a trek. After the drop all my shots have a speck on it.

As others have said, it is probably not worth your while to have it opened up and cleaned. One way to reduce the specks is to shoot at faster apertures.

The LX3 is a rather fast camera at f2.0 so if you shoot at bigger apertures, the speck is likely to be reduced or disappear. You can probably forget about those high dof shots though.

aperture-dust.gif

http://davidnaylor.org/blog/2006/06/aperture-and-sensor-dust/