Small, Cute, Dreadly - Peregrine Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newguy69

Jun 25, 2004
Third rock from the Sun
I was lucky to chance upon this rare winter visitor perching high up on a very tall tree, so the shooting angle is very steep. Below are some record shots of this beauty. Enjoy :)

Peregrine Falcons are nature's fastest fliers and are about the size of a crow. These bird of prey have been clocked diving or stooping at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour! Peregrine falcons feed primarily on birds they take in the air.

D80, Tamron 200-500mm lens @ 500mm with 1.4x tc
dsc_5632b.jpg

dsc_6006a.jpg

dsc_5692a.jpg

Last edited:
nice find and shots.

the usual causuirna tree beside ckf again. Great shot. always too high

the usual causuirna tree beside ckf again. Great shot. always too high

Kennie, its was perching on top of one of those causurirna trees after you cross the big white bridge from CG towards JG, not at the ckf's homeground. :)

Agree, it always perching super high on the tree

Last edited:
Wah! so high and yet you can get such a decent shot.

How come no Mynah on its claws? ;p

Thats because I am skillful, maybe it kena stomach upset after makan too many mynah? :blah:

Btw I will be free for birding for both morning the next weekend coz gf is very busy with her school project...lolz, want to join me? ;)

Last edited:
Great catch bro! A little noisy in some of the pics tho, I guess coz of the extreme cropping. But well captured! I like the wing stretch pose. :thumbsup:

Btw I will be free for birding for both morning the next weekend coz gf is very busy with her school project...lolz, want to join me? ;)
I want to join Master Arthur also. :embrass:

Great catch bro! A little noisy in some of the pics tho, I guess coz of the extreme cropping. But well captured! I like the wing stretch pose. :thumbsup:

Yes, photos were heavily cropped due to the bird was so far and high up on the tree top.

I want to join Master Arthur also. :embrass:
Come come! dun be shy :devil: Btw u got my new mobile nos, right?

Last edited:
now...it is time for you to get a shot just before the falcon touches the Mynah with green background . LOL !

cannot believe the pics you got here despite of the height the falcon from us.... great shots..! :thumbsup:

now...it is time for you to get a shot just before the falcon touches the Mynah with green background . LOL !

Wah kennie, thats a beri beri difficult task for me to accomplish :bigeyes: :bsmilie: But I really hope to have the luck to nail a makan shot of this bird in my next visit.

Last edited:
cannot believe the pics you got here despite of the height the falcon from us.... great shots..! :thumbsup:

Bro thanks :) Yalo, I believe the height of the tree can be easily be like those of a 10 storeys building. Btw how is your shots?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.