SLRs not permitted into Beijing Olympic venues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then use prosumer etc. Canon S5 IS, can zoom in to 432mm (35mm equiv). But skali oso cannot, as it look like SLR.

Damm! I'm going to attend the Olympics.......bo pian.......have to use my Ixus850 liao :thumbsd:

Same thing for the F1 Race in Singapore. No zoom lens above 200mm is allowed.Think applies for telephotos whose tele end exceed 200mm too

What the?

No SLRs. So Dslr can, rangefinders can, superzoom prosumers can?:bsmilie:

On a serious note, they could had just said no lenses beyond certain focal length
Not a focal length issue. From the link:

"Their reasoning is that SLR cameras will block the view of other fans, so they simply will not be allowed. You shouldn’t run into any problems bringing point & shoot cameras and using them in the venues as long as you do so from your own seat and don’t block the view of other spectators."

Use RF

They probably saw what happened at the recent press conference with Lin Chi Ling...

I usually bring my 40D and Ixus850 when I travel. My wife uses the Ixus....hehe

Anyway, I hope the Chinese Govt will not give us problems when we use SLRs elsewhere in Beijing. :what:

Same thing for the F1 Race in Singapore. No zoom lens above 200mm is allowed.Think applies for telephotos whose tele end exceed 200mm too

Someone will actually check the bags for lens?

As an aside, this limit has been amended to 300mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.