SLR sensor cleaning service, where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fangyau

Feb 17, 2005
hi bro,

can recomend any shop that provide the sensor cleaning service?

my slr come with dust foc when i bought it, my fren recomend to buy a blower to blow it out.
i blow it but dunno y it add dust to my sensor. its so big that i can see physically on the sensor and dust visible on image even at f5.6:cry:

i know canon service center provide the service but i working on weekdays.:embrass:
i need to go a photoshoot next week so its quite in urge to remove the dust:cry:

bro pls advice, thanks.

bro pls help T_T

Clean it yourself lah.... It takes less than 10 minutes.

hi bro,

can recomend any shop that provide the sensor cleaning service?

my slr come with dust foc when i bought it, my fren recomend to buy a blower to blow it out.
i blow it but dunno y it add dust to my sensor. its so big that i can see physically on the sensor and dust visible on image even at f5.6:cry:

i know canon service center provide the service but i working on weekdays.:embrass:
i need to go a photoshoot next week so its quite in urge to remove the dust:cry:

bro pls advice, thanks.

dust free or dust free of charge?

btw, your fren ask you to buy blower is funny... u are like sucking dust from the atmosphere and throw it in.

you have to get static brush or sticky brush to remove the dust.

thanks for the reply bro, any idea how much those brushs will cost?

thanks for the reply bro, any idea how much those brushs will cost?

depends a full kit of sensor brush for 1.5x crop sensor at CP is about nearly 200... with 2 brush and 1 spinner.

alternatively there is cheaper ones which cost less than 20 bucks use once throw away kind.

pocket a bit tight here
will probably consider the cheaper alternative

thanks bro

pocket a bit tight here
will probably consider the cheaper alternative

A cheaper and better alternative is to buy loose pieces of SensorSwab and a bottle of Eclipse solution from OP (total cost less than S$30). They will help you clean your sensor while you watch and learn. Next time you can clean yourself lor... ;)

Last edited:
go for diy, its quite easy. the only difficult part is how to reduce the dust floating in your room.

I switch on two air cleaners (honeywell drum air cleaner + a portable swedish air cleaner on table top) when i need to look into the sensor or to blow with blower. switch off A/C, fan, shut window and door to reduce dust movement. once dust settles, do a quick clean.

bro where/who is OP ah?

orient photo located at SLS
i think is level 5

u must first have the swap stick

Status
Not open for further replies.