SLR Lens mount for iPhone

Clown

Staff member
Mar 24, 2003
Singapore
Thought I'll share a little project I've been working on the past 3 months.

View attachment 327
DSLR Lens mount / adapter for iPhone | LATERAL IMAGING

Managed to mount canon lenses onto my iphone using pure optical pathing cuz the current one so hyped up in the market right now uses a piece of ground glass and has poor quality - not fit for anything at all.

Gonna start experimenting with a Nikon mount next and maybe m mount if I can get my hands on some rangefinder lenses.
:think:

Last edited:
A good effort there! I hope I can get the chance to use such adapters to my 15 EF mount lenses.

Thanks!

It'll be great if you guys have any good ideas or mods that you think can possibly be added to the adapter. I'm still thinking of a way to add a decent tripod mount to the whole mix but it's difficult due to the inconsistent center of gravity different lens give to the setup.

This is insane! Selling your v0.3? LoL!!

Nice work. :)
Keep it up!

Hinata76 said:
dafaq i just see???

well done!!!!!!! but...not pocket friendly though!

Err...
I think at least 80%, if not more, of CSC users don't keep their stuffs in pocket. More likely in a bag. So that's a moot point my friend. ;)

crazy stuff man. however, I'm wondering if it's possible for you to control the aperture? never read anything like that in your article. :)

Cool stuff, any details about your 3D printing setup?

No aperture control yet. Because the main reason for the lens adapter was to create dof and also extended reach, aperture control is not my priority now. I've thought of some ways to do it, but it'll require to hack the lens controller past my abilities.
But I think manual focus lenses would do well on this. :D

Cool stuff, any details about your 3D printing setup?

It's the cheapest extrusion 3D printer I could find in Singapore. I think the website is called romscraj.com or something.

hey good effort there. would you mind sharing the photos you taken by it

Some images freshly taken this morning. Mostly taken with the canon 70-300 mounted.

Just some thoughts for you, if you require a more accurate 3D model, like out the shapeways. If you need some help with the 3D design, I do some of my hobby works using DS Solidworks which may be of help to you, if you are keen. It will be more geometrically accurate for your holder. Good job on the iphone SLR lens adapter :)

It's the cheapest extrusion 3D printer I could find in Singapore. I think the website is called romscraj.com or something.

Is that the Romscraj Portabee?...

Just some thoughts for you, if you require a more accurate 3D model, like out the shapeways. If you need some help with the 3D design, I do some of my hobby works using DS Solidworks which may be of help to you, if you are keen. It will be more geometrically accurate for your holder. Good job on the iphone SLR lens adapter :)

Thanks for the offer. :)
Probably much later on when I need to do machining. Now still focussing on refining the optics.

Is that the Romscraj Portabee?...

Yea