Slowest of shutter speed

How slow you can go for a 200mm zoom?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
What's ur slowest shutter speed you can go for handheld when you are doing at full zoom at 200mm ?

put the below consideration.

1.) iso stick to 200
2.) NO OS for Sigma, NO VR for Nikon and NO IS for Canon.
3.) Your lens is about 1kgs above.
4.) Not prime lens (i don't know if it does affect or not, despite the f/2.8)

sorry... but i don't see the point for this poll.. ?

:dunno:

Just for my own reference.

khnglh said:

:dunno:
What's so surprising? There are tons of senseless polls in clubsnap and people are still polling for it. Anyway, anything less than 1/"shutter speed" with no kind of stabiliser can be a great disaster for beginners. But still it can be done, definitely not difficult for anyone who's trained as an SAF sniper before. I have a studio mate who was an ex-sniper, and he can safety shot at 1/60 on a 200mm zoom lens (with low wind conditions). His strong arm, wrist and waist all played a part, including the most critical part, the Art of "breathing".

1/30 sec

What's so surprising? There are tons of senseless polls in clubsnap and people are still polling for it. Anyway, anything less than 1/"shutter speed" with no kind of stabiliser can be a great disaster for beginners. But still it can be done, definitely not difficult for anyone who's trained as an SAF sniper before. I have a studio mate who was an ex-sniper, and he can safety shot at 1/60 on a 200mm zoom lens (with low wind conditions). His strong arm, wrist and waist all played a part, including the most critical part, the Art of "breathing".

that's great. strong arm help a lot, especially when u r holding a big mama like a cannon head.

Dunno whether this is true or not, was frequently attached to Sniper's at School of Infantry Weapons during my active days...

Tips the gave me for marksmanship (applies to photo taking also i guess):

1) always get enough sleep the night b4
2) dont smoke (smoking cause jitters)
3) try not to take too much caffine (especially Coke)
4) tuck elbows in
5) always keep in mind the breathing technique

now i know why i cant go lower then 1/60, smoke too much... :p

with or without VR? :bsmilie:

anyway @200mm with VR is 1/60 and without is 1/125 for me. (maybe can go slower with VR on but i never bothered to try becos i won't shoot people with slower than that, and i ALWAYS shoot pple....)

yeah u got that right... smoking. :sticktong

1/8000s... i weak mah..

smoker
heavy coffee drinker
don't sleep enough

200/2 AIS Nikkor 1/20th second.
80-200/2.8 AFS @200mm 1/20th second.

It's all in the technique ;p

Mine is 2 second on a 2.8 at 200mm.

Hahahahaaaa... kidding la, i got weak control 2.8 at 200mm is between 1/60 to 1/80 at least. Try all the range technique but i fail big time. No wonder always just pass at range...

Ian said:
smoker
heavy coffee drinker
don't sleep enough

200/2 AIS Nikkor 1/20th second.
80-200/2.8 AFS @200mm 1/20th second.

It's all in the technique ;p

This is impressive... Now it would be great if you could please explain the technique so we all can benefit..

Thanks in advance mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.