Slow Smartmedia transfer times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ranchuman

I just got a finepix f601 and i notice that transfering the data from the smartmedia card to computer takes a long time eventhough i'm using a smartmedia card reader that is built in to my laptop itself..... it takes 10mins to transfer 128mb....is this normal? Anyway to improve transfer time?

Originally posted by Ranchuman
I just got a finepix f601 and i notice that transfering the data from the smartmedia card to computer takes a long time eventhough i'm using a smartmedia card reader that is built in to my laptop itself..... it takes 10mins to transfer 128mb....is this normal? Anyway to improve transfer time?

Have u tried a smartmedia pcmcia adaptor?

Originally posted by xdivider

Have u tried a smartmedia pcmcia adaptor?

Nope..i'm using a smartmedia slot which my toshiba laptop comes with...so am i getting slow transfer rates or is it normal?

All the USB readers haves 900kb per second transfer .
If you are lower than that speed , just buy one ZIO USB reader .

Originally posted by syncmaster
All the USB readers haves 900kb per second tranfer .
If you are lower than that speed , just buy one ZIO USB reader .

Yep...seems i'm getting slow speeds... 600s for 128mb...works out to be 0.213 mb/s

It looks that its time to get one external reader ,specialy if you work with 128 megs cards .

Hmm...guess my toshiba smartmedia reader cannot make it....no help from toshiba themselves...so should i get a pcmcia adapter or usb reader? I have a feeling pcmcia would be faster...is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.