slow shutter speed shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenzz

Jul 22, 2005
India~SNG~HKG~dunno where..
Hello - i am new bie to slow shutter shots..

some times my slow shutter (night) shots, gets out of focus.. is there any calcuation for this?

ex., if i set s/speed to 1sec. what should be my "F"?

:confused:

lenzz said:
Hello - i am new bie to slow shutter shots..

some times my slow shutter (night) shots, gets out of focus.. is there any calcuation for this?

ex., if i set s/speed to 1sec. what should be my "F"?

:confused:

You need to use a tripod or you need to put your camera on some solid ground to support your camera for night shots. If your picture is blurred, it is probably due to handshake due to the slow shutter speed. :bsmilie:

I agree with obewan that it is most probably due to handshake.

Blurriness due to out-of-focus and due to motion shake looks different. After a while, you will be able to tell which is which. It is important to distinguish between the two because the causes are different and hence the solution is different.

use f/8 or any stop higher, like f/16 or f/22. get much more DOF

Douglas

lenzz said:
Thanks everyone, i have bought a tripod y'day, will give a try tonight.

Thanks again!!:D

Remember to set your camera to timer mode, or use a remote. Pressing the shutter on a tripod will also contribute small shakes that will blur your picture. Happy Shooting :)

if u use 1sec then u prob have to set aperature to 2.8 or as low as your lens can go. no choice. unless u want to shoot longer like 10 15 30 secs on ape 16 22 if ur using dslr.

For exposures between 1/30 -1.5s, try to use mirror lock up if your camera has it. The mirror movement does cause a slight blur at 100% magnification

Status
Not open for further replies.