Slow shutter release

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiestormi

Oct 8, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi,

Yesterday Night Did some Photoshoot at Orchard. I set shutter speed to 1/50 sometime.I focus and shoot. There is a 1 sec lag in taking the shot.What is the cause?

It can't focus.

But TS said he focus & shoot. Could it be shutter lag? So how did the photo turn out?

But TS said he focus & shoot. Could it be shutter lag? So how did the photo turn out?

Are you *sure* he focused? Many people think the camera focuses at lightning speed in all conditions.

If the camera needed 1-2 seconds before the shutter went off, it's focus lag.

Did you disable your mirror lock.

Are you *sure* he focused? Many people think the camera focuses at lightning speed in all conditions.

agree with your point...

To TS do take note of the object you focusing example dont focus on a flat surface or too dark areas etc.

i think the camera can't focus. nite time at orchard road. 1/50? unless u shooting into a light source.

I did see the focus indicater. One more thing if the F show HI or LO or it show underexpose due to no flash enable. Will all this cause lag. I use shutter priorty ISO auto. I was shooting chruch perform at Paragon.

Last edited:

That's what he said. He did not say whether it was auto focus or he focus manually.But my guess was could be shutter lag :)

That's what he said. He did not say whether it was auto focus or he focus manually.But my guess was could be shutter lag :)

Shutter lag is the time between when you press the shutter and the camera actually takes the picture. On most DSLRs that's a non-issue *so long as the focus is set*.

But if the camera is still focus-hunting then there's a delay.

Shutter lag is the time between when you press the shutter and the camera actually takes the picture. On most DSLRs that's a non-issue *so long as the focus is set*.

But if the camera is still focus-hunting then there's a delay.

Ya, of course.

So much information has not been provided, so everyone can only guess blindly in the dark! :bsmilie:

giv more information of ur setting mah ^

Status
Not open for further replies.